Elijah Moore in 2021 NFL Draft: Ole Miss WR set for reunion with A.J. Brown?
OXFORD — Former Ole Miss wide receiver Elijah Moore is skyrocketing up draft boards with two weeks until the 2021 NFL Draft.
In January, experts were split on the Ole Miss slot receiver, projecting him anywhere from a second-round to a fourth-round draft prospect. But after a standout pro day where Moore ran a 4.32-second 40-yard dash and ranked among the best prospects in the class in three-cone and short shuttle times, the consensus is shifting on Moore. Many of the most prominent draft forecasters are now predicting Moore to be selected in the first round of the draft on April 29.
An All-America wide receiver who caught 86 passes for 1,193 yards and eight touchdowns in 2020, Moore could join the long list of recent Ole Miss receivers picked in the early rounds, including A.J. Brown, D.K. Metcalf and Evan Engram.
In the minds of some prognosticators, Moore might join Brown in more ways than just that. Reuniting Moore with Brown on the Tennessee Titans is a popular prediction, as is sending Moore to the Super Bowl champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers to catch passes from Tom Brady.
Here's a roundup of where experts project Elijah Moore to be selected with two weeks remaining until the 2021 NFL Draft:
Elijah Moore mock draft roundup
- ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr: Round 1, pick 22: Tennessee Titans
- ESPN's Todd McShay: Round 1, pick 28: New Orleans Saints
- NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah: Round 1, pick 32: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- CBS Sports' Chris Trapasso: Round 1, pick 22: Tennessee Titans
- The Athletic's Dane Brugler: Round 1, pick 25: Jacksonville Jaguars
- Pro Football Focus' Sam Monson: Round 1, pick 32: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- The Sporting News' Vinnie Iyer: Round 2, pick 46: New England Patriots
- DraftWire's Luke Easterling: Round 2, pick 47: Los Angeles Chargers
Contact Nick Suss at 601-408-2674 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow @nicksuss on Twitter.