Carley McCord remembered with press box seat in Superdome for LSU, Clemson football
NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana — The Superdome press box remembered sports broadcaster Carley McCord with a reserved spot ahead of LSU's 42-25 win over Clemson in the 2020 College Football National Championship game.
ESPN broadcaster Edward Aschoff was honored as well with a spot of his own.
McCord, the daughter-in-law of LSU offensive coordinator Steve Ensminger, died in a plane crash on Dec. 28, 2019.
McCord was 30 when she died in the plane crash. She was married to Steve Ensminger Jr., the son of LSU's offensive coordinator.
ESPN aired a tribute to McCord prior to LSU's game against Clemson.
This isn't the first time the Superdome remembered McCord. The press box also reserved a spot for McCord when the Saints faced the Vikings in the opening round of the NFL playoffs.
Adam Hensley is a digital producer with the USA Today Network. You can follow him on Twitter @A_Hens83.
Read more LSU football news
- LSU vs. Clemson: Live score updates from 2020 CFP Title Game
- CFP National Championship 2020: See Randy Moss in dad mode to support son Thaddeus Moss
- 2020 CFP Title Game: How to watch LSU vs. Clemson football today on TV, online live stream
- James Carville on LSU, Clemson: 'Most anticipated college football game of this century'
- A bold birthday prediction: Why an LSU national title would prove Ed Orgeron's mom right