The first installment was the October schedules for the SEC teams because of how difficult many of them are. Now we go to the first month of the season and see which teams have the toughest starts to 2011.
I rank them in order because I can.
1. LSU: Oregon, Northwestern State, Mississippi State, at West Virginia. Huge opener, huge SEC opener and then to the land of the burning couches.
2. Georgia: Boise State, South Carolina, Coastal Carolina, at Ole Miss. The Doggies whole season could be defined by those first two games.
3. Alabama: Kent, at Penn State, North Texas, Arkansas. Two breathers and two beauties.
4. Mississippi State: at Memphis, at Auburn, LSU, Louisiana Tech. Those middle two games are brutal.
5. Auburn: Utah State, Mississippi State, at Clemson, FAU. Of course, you never know how good Clemson will be.
6. Ole Miss: BYU, S. Illinois, at Vanderbilt, Georgia. Every game will be tough for the Rebels.
7. South Carolina: East Carolina, at Georgia, Navy, Vanderbilt. Gamies better watch out for the Midshipmen.
8. Florida: FAU, UAB, Tennessee, at Kentucky. Meat of Gators’ schedule is later in season.
9. Kentucky: Western Kentucky, Central Michigan, Louisville, Florida. Schedule gets harder gradually, eh?
10. Vanderbilt: Elon, UConn, Ole Miss, South Carolina. Do you smell a 1-3 start?
11. Arkansas: Missouri State, New Mexico, Troy, at Alabama. Easy, easy, easy, bam!
12. Tennessee: North Texas, Cincinnati, at Florida, Buffalo. If those were the Bills it would rank higher. But not much.