… And that’s how I can tell football season is almost here.
Actually, my knee always hurts. But the closer we get to football season, the dull ache turns into a sharper pain. I can’t explain it, but it happens as soon as we get inside three weeks.
Which we are.
And over bagels and fruit Sunday morning, my 9-year old and I talked about why it is special around our house on football weekends.
We came up with our top five reasons:
1. Family and friends who return to our lives for seven weekends a year.
2. There is football, dummy.
3. Those Saturday nights after a game when I come home to a house full of buzzed and boisterous people. Cold wings and cold beer while watching the night games and everybody is firing off funny lines. It doesn’t get any better.
4. Sunday mornings, breakfast with Gators and the Gators.
5. It’s a lot more fun to be writing a column and doing radio during football season.
Send me the things that make football weekends special and we’ll take the top five and put them on my radio show next week . It’s on weekdays from 4 to 6 p.m. on 104.9FM.