Because Florida lost to Alabama I’m actually getting a few days off. No special section to worry about. But I felt a need to share because so many of you are down in the dumps. Some are sad for Timmy, some for Urban, some for the whole Gator team.
It was a devastating loss, one that put Urban Meyer in the hospital and reduced Tim Tebow to tears. How bad was it? It makes my top 10 of the toughest losses for Gator fans since I have been following Gator football. Here’s the list:
1. Georgia, 1980. Trip, Lindsay, trip!
2. Tennessee, 2001. Another Rose Bowl trip shot down.
3. Alabama, 2009. Just a miserable showing.
4. FSU, 1996. We thought it was over.
5. Georgia, 1976. Fourth and Dumb.
6. Georgia, 1966. Nobody could believe it.
7. Auburn, 1994. One of the best games I ever saw.
8. Auburn, 1969. John Reaves threw nine picks.
9. South Carolina, 2005. Knocked UF out of the SEC East race.
10. Tennessee, 1998. How did Gators lose that game?
Honorable mention: Alabama, 1999 (regular season); Auburn, 1989; FSU, 1993; Miami, 1984; Nebraska, 1996; Ole Miss, 2008; Georgia, 2007.