Special to Gatorsports.com
Beginning Saturday, Mark Bostick Golf Course reopens on a limited basis with additional safety and sanitation guidelines in place.
The course will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily with these changes:
- Tee times in 12-minute increments
- Patrons must call the course at (352) 375-4866 to reserve a tee time, which will be taken all week instead of just weekends. No tee times can be made in pro shop.
- Recommended to pay in advance for tee times over the phone. Credit card is the only accepted form of payment to reduce staff’s exposure to cash.
- Starter on first tee will check in groups. If paid in advance, no need to enter pro shop.
- Recommended patrons arrive 15 minutes prior to tee time
- Customers can rent a golf cart by themselves to assist with social distancing. Groups limited to four carts
Accommodations to limit contact:
- Flagsticks in place on each hole but should not be removed.
- Putting green flagsticks and rakes have been removed.
- Cups on all putting greens have been inverted to avoid golf balls from going all the way into the hole.
Spacing of six feet for patrons and staff will be used throughout the facility and grounds, including pro shop and putting greens.
- Driving range and snack bar remains closed.
- No more than four people allowed on putting green at same time
- Limit of two customers in pro shop at a time. Plexiglass at pro shop counter protects customers and staff.
All staff members will wear masks or face coverings at all times to increase their safety, as well as customers’ safety.
Focus on cleaning:
The pro shop, snack bar, maintenance facility and course bathroom will be cleaned and sanitized daily. Two additional hand sanitizers have been added to the clubhouse.
Counters in the pro shop are set to be wiped down continually throughout the day. Golf cart steering wheels and seats along with rental pull carts and rental clubs will be wiped down after each round. Maintenance staff will clean equipment at the end of each day.