Who do you think starts at quarterback?

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Robbie Andreu

Here’s my take on the QB situation. Either Del Rio or Franks will start. The one who doesn’t will be the back-up. Zaire will get a package of read-option plays to run in the Michigan game.

ATXGator
      Participant

I think Franks will start. I will be embarrassed if Del Rio starts… not just for his play, but his selfish attitude that put himself first before the team last year when he didn’t fully disclose the full extent of his shoulder injury.

Kid shouldn’t be allowed to wear the jersey… no excuse for that level of selfishness

jdh5484
        Participant

I think DelRio starts because of his experience. I think Franks will come in and relieve if Delrio isn’t getting it done. Zaire will have some situational plays.

If Delrio manages the game, then Franks will get meaningful snaps but won’t be thrown into the fire. He can get much needed playing time against Northern Colorado.

The lines (Both O and D) will determine the game winner, regardless of the QB.

Pied Piper
      Participant

Trask

Ron Jeremy
      Participant

Trask is the best QB on our roster, and yet…

gatorsid
      Participant

The problem with Mac and quarterbacks is that he has not recruited enough black athletes. Toney will be the starter because he is black and an athlete.

DocZaius
      Participant

I remember Black Athletes.

Sadly, I think they went the way of other great skater-punk bands like Borscht and Free Beer.

UFever
      Participant

I preferred Suicidal Tendencies.

Pied Piper
      Participant

Wait… we’re talking obscure punk bands? Check out Gorilla Biscuits and Jerry’s Kids.

That’s 2 separate bands…. not 1 long, weird band name.

Red Hatter
      Participant

MAC MORE LIKE MUCK BETTER NOT START THAT LOOSER LUKE DELRIO. YOULL NEVER SEE ME AT THE SWAMP AGIAN.

NVGator
      Participant

Unfortunately,Luke Del Rio will be the Starter.

Side note: Anyone else ever hear him called Luke Del Taco? We have Del Tacos out here but I got a little giggle out of it. Not sure if Del Tacos are nationwide. Irregardless, it’s not very nice to call him that.

mtn2top
      Participant

Agreed Robbie, except there’s no doubt in my mind that Del Rio starts. He’s the best QB for this opening game.

gatorsid
      Participant

I would consider Zaire as well. After the betrayal from Brantley, no more white QBs. There was no reason Brantley could not have hit my prediction of 4000 yards passing and 40 TDs each year. Perhaps I over estimated what a white QB can do.

Hitman88
      Participant

I was NEVER any good at anything. Idk what Black Sid is talking about

Hitman88
      Participant

After I flunked out of football and school, I have had a hard time getting meaningless jobs. If I was white then I would be successful.

Hitman88
      Participant

We need a WHITE QB to start

gatorsid
      Participant

Dear Hitman,

I love you.

jdh5484
      Participant

Home Grown Gator
      Participant

I haven’t seen them all play when it counts except for Del Rio who was unimpressive too me even when healthy. Therefore my opinion means little. The way caches today feel towards revealing meaningful information to anyone outside the team devalues anyone’s opinion.

We have trust our coaches to make the right choice. They want to win as bad as we the fans do and they ultimately be the ones t pay the price for failure.

Go Gators

mtn2top
      Participant

Looks like Franks gets the start. It makes sense considering he has the strongest arm and decent mobility. That would better use our advantage of receivers against their inexperienced secondary.

An emphasis on passing would also take some focus from Scarlett’s absence. We’ll still need a 100 or more yards from a back to get the win. I expect to see two or more Gator QBs play in the game.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.