UF vs UM Prediction Thread

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • Author
      gator_tom
      Participant

I think Franks starts and does well. I think Zaire gets some snaps too.

UF 27 UM 17.

GatorUrf10
      Participant

I’d like to see Zaire in action no matter who starts. And there’s a good chance he will start anyways…

DocZaius
      Participant

My prediction?

Comeon.

CCSDK
      Participant

21-10 Michigan (Unfortunately)

WernerIsTentative
      Participant

31-26 Mich

DocZaius
      Participant

edit: nevermind.

g8tr76
      Participant

I suggested in the previous version of this forum a 31-14 for the Gators. If we are going to be productive in the sec, we need to light it up in this game. Del Rio might be the coach’s safe bet to start because of his experience, but Franks needs to get in the mix early to build some confidence and to score points. I believe he has the playmakers and the ability to do that.

We can hope that Del Rio will keep us out of trouble early to let the O line get some rhythm. But if he can’t, the coaches will likely put in the next most experienced person: Zaire. That is probably a safe bet on their part; but the wisdom of that decision is based on “not losing” and not building for the future.

With Franks, we have a potential four year starter with an arm and, at 6-6, the size to see the field. We did not have that in the two previous seasons, so, if Franks can gain some confidence, he should provide the change of pace we need. Sure start Del Rio, but if he doesn’t score quickly the coaches need to think Franks over Zaire. Frankly (no pun intended), if we don’t get some offensive punch this year, I can see the defense struggle so whoever brings the offensive play should play.

Don’t get me wrong. I do want to see what Zaire can do and Mac says all three may play, but we need to build confidence in the players who are our future.

ProudPoppa
      Participant

24-17 Good Guys

G8torBrent
      Participant

41-17 UF.

Go gata!

Pied Piper
      Participant

21-0. Eddie kicks 7 field goals.

The Hamster
      Participant

2-0. The wheels fall off the season early.

Al Bundy
        Participant

I predict we will throw a lot of incomplete passes on 1st down, and follow that up with a dive up the middle on 2nd down. I don’t know why, it’s just a hunch.

Pied Piper
      Participant

who scores the 2?

Freaking hampsters.

playzwtrux
        Participant

is there a “P” in hamster? 🙂

The Hamster
      Participant

Good question Pied Piper. I’ll let you know once I know who the starting QB is going to be.

SwampGoldfish
      Participant

I predict there will be a lot of wailing and teeth gnashing and we end up with more questions than answers.

youneverknow
      Participant

I agree FF is the future but in a game this big & so early, I can see the wisdom of going with game experience to start.

mtn2top
      Participant

Gators win 24-17 with Del Rio starting and at least one other QB playing. Zaire gives us another entire offense and Franks mixes the two.

To be successful this season, the strength of this team has to be offense and special teams. Special teams looks to be in great shape.

On offense, it can only get better from recent seasons. From the first series, I’ll look for execution and consistency from the line. It’s not rocket science. Run the ball. Throw it around the yard. It all starts up front.

With so much focus on the starting QB, don’t overlook the other fundamental aspects of the offense that must improve this season.

SwampGoldfish
      Participant

I think the Defense is going to have to step and iimit what Meatcikin trie to to on the offence. If we limit them in the 20’s we can over score them . Whether if\t be long
      td plaus that score or red-zo=============================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================== ley

Swamp Donkey
      Participant

Same coach, worse roster? 41-7 at least.

Graham Hall

Hard to take a stab at a score when you consider all the unknown factors of this game, but I’m going with 30-17, UF

UF hanging 30 points on a defense that signed as many highly ranked defensive recruits as Michigan did just seems unrealistic, but this is what my gut tells me

Black Mamba
      Participant

seems very generous there Graham, why?

playzwtrux
      Participant

Black Mamba? where have I seen that before? #scratchhead

Black Mamba
      Participant

😀

Graham Hall

Maybe I’m higher on them than most, but I think the offense will do well regardless of whomever is at QB. I think the team is loaded with talent, but there are certainly many unknown factors. I guess we will see in a week

Black Mamba
        Participant

not sure if telling how high you are is the best thing right now… , but you may not have meant it that way.

I’m not doubting the talent, it’s the coaching that I’m having trouble getting behind

Swamp Donkey
      Participant

We couldnt even score vs our walkons in the spring game. have you been smoking out with the Ventrell Miller?

Graham Hall

Haha I can assure you the first-team offense has scored on the first-team defense in Fall camp

Pied Piper
      Participant

I predict there will be a meltdown regardless of the outcome. Like this one time, I was eating dinner with my “girlfriend” at a Mexican restaurant. She ordered tacos and they were incredible. Nothing to meltdown about right? Well she drops one right on her crotch. I always called her “crotch tacos” after that. For some reason that I cant explain…. she broke up with me. Didnt even tell me why.

Gators93
      Participant

I think it will be low scoring (17-14) and can go either way as both teams try to resolve their QB situation. If it does come down to field goals, I like our chances with Eddie Pineiro.

JHCRANE-14
      Participant

Even with the recent bad news I still like the Gators to win!!!

30-21

CCSDK
      Participant

Lets hope the penalties will be minimal!

jdh5484
      Participant

Option 1)

Option 2)

Reese Bobby
      Participant

You got hair on your peaches, or what? The Gators win this running away. It’s still about speed in feetball and for some reason the players in the South run faster than the players in the North. Don’t ask me why. I just state facts. Go gators!

GatorUrf10
      Participant

That Reese Bobby avatar is awesome.

Gators 28-24.

I had a lengthy reason on the old message board. Will not retype

youneverknow
        Participant

That sounds about right although, it’s always extra tricky in a BIG 1st game, especially with the QB situation with both teams. I like our chances if UF gets in the 30s. Go Gators!

SoCalGator83
      Participant

UF 27-23

99inNC
      Participant

I think the Gators of Florida prevail!

Home Grown Gator
      Participant

I predict the game will be played. Hopefully, I will be happy afterward. It would help my demeanor if the offensive line can consistently push Michigan around, D-Line dominates the as well as put heat on the passer.

Our DNA matches up best against speed teams not so much against smash mouth teams, if we can overcome that type of match up problem it will a great year regardless of the QB.

Gators by 3

NCOGator
      Participant

Even with the now 10 suspensions I still like my #Gators
      Gators-38
      Kakais-13

Home Grown Gator
      Participant

After 1st round of suspensions I had the Gators by three, now after Scarlett getting suspended I gives us two chances out of ten to win the game.

As for Franks being named starting QB it was the only smart move available. He has now faced with daunting challenge pf beating an excellent team while missing over ten percent of scholarship athlete’s. If we are able to pull off an upset with Franks at the helm it should give him a great amount of confidence and bode well for the rest of season.

Arnold Feliciano
      Keymaster

Dooley has Florida winning 24-17
      Andreu has Michigan winning 28-24

Caesar72AD
      Participant

Gators 31
      Psycho Head Coach 20

When I look at Jim H. I just feel like he’s a guy teetering on the edge. Maybe it’s the glasses? I swear he was an Alpha Beta in college. Didn’t really care for him when he played at Michigan. I would not be surprised if he beat…well, I’ll stop there.

Go Gators!

Black Dahlia
      Participant

Unfortunately Michigan 33-24.

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.