The 'X-factor' that is being ignored

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sly Sylvester 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

Corey
    Participant

I’ve read and heard so many stories about who is going to make the biggest difference in the Gator’s season from Franks, to Burney, to the receiving corps, to the deep RB room, etc. But in all of these stories either local or in the national media, the one player that I think can and may be the most dynamic player on the field is Kadarius Toney. I do remember one story earlier this summer about him, but there are all sorts of ‘transcending’ and ‘key players’ lists out there, and none mention the one Gator who has simply always did something electric every time he touched the ball. He has that special gift to make things happen, and even better that he now has the coach who knows how to use him effectively, just like he did with Percy Harvin. Dan Mullen just seems to know exactly when to put him in and where to put him so that he is in the position to average just about 10 yards per touch. I can’t wait to see the offense moving and then Toney-time happens and the opposing defense is not going to know what just hit them, as they know he’s coming, but they just can’t do anything about it.

mtn2top
    Participant

Toney is a threat to score with every touch. He’s even more effective as a change up, when everybody else is getting touches and yards.

I believe Coach Mullen when he expresses optimism about the offense and especially the starting line. We all know how key that is to a great year for the Gators.

Sly Sylvester
    Participant

I agree. Mullen gave him the #1 jersey. Coach is going to make sure it wasn’t a mistake.

Gator-6
    Participant

I agree, and will only add that I think Pierce may come into his own this year. Toney and Pierce in tandum will be a sight to behold, if that’s right.

Gator-6
    Participant

ALCON: I’m waiting to see who’s staying or not before I pull the lanyard on the subscription. Don’t mind paying, but am very troubled by the ham fisted way it was implemented. Anyway, I used up my 5 stories for the month early this morning, Day 1. Will see if I can even post here/

Sly Sylvester
      Participant

Let me know where you end up that’s free and I’ll join you. Anywhere but that site that is full of crude and immature posters though.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.