Interesting post-practice note from today (Tuesday)

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Robbie Andreu

After practice, while the other quarterbacks headed to the locker room, Luke Del Rio and the wide receivers came into the indoor practice facility to continue working on the passing game. That might be a sign right there that Del Rio is going to be the starter.

Jabberdave
      Participant

Oh, Lawd!

vulcan_alex
      Participant

Or it might be a sign that one QB is showing better leadership than the others. If I was Franks I would not allow this unless the HBC made me, and then I would be unhappy.

Black Mamba
      Participant

I guess it could also show that LDR needs more work cause he’s just not getting it

DocZaius
      Participant

I guess it could also show that LDR needs more work cause he’s just not getting it

This forum sucks

Blacklabgator
      Participant

This tidbit of insider info was wrong as usual.

Black Mamba
      Participant

the info was not wrong…

his “might” speculation was, but since it was an open ended question, how could it be inaccurate?

It actually appears that your speculation about the info was what was wrong.

gator67
      Participant

There is no reason to think that the information was wrong. Does anyone else wonder whether Scarlett’s suspension affected the coaches’ decision to go with Franks?

mtn2top
      Participant

It makes sense considering our QB skill sets. Franks has the best arm and decent mobility. The other two QBs provide more specialized skill sets to run or pass more effectively.

I’m not sure how Scarlett’s suspension would affect the selection of the starting QB. If that were the case then Zaire, as the best running QB, would be the likely starter.

We have to have a balanced offense to beat Michigan. It’s next man up to assume the critical RB role. Somebody’s going to tote the football for Florida on Saturday and have a chance to show their talent.

gator67
      Participant

My thought is that if Scarlett were playing, the plan would be to make him the focus of the offense. This could call for the qb to be more of a game manager than a prolific passer — a reason to start Del Rio. With Scarlett gone, they may be shifting more to relying on the pass, which favors the qb who has a “big arm” (to use Mac’s phrase about Franks). I am not arguing that this is true; it is pure speculation without much to support it. Still, I can’t help but wonder.

From comments I’ve read about how Franks and Del Rio know the offense better than Zaire, my suspicion is that he is currently third man up, as far as starting is concerned. It would not be surprising if they have a few plays designed for him, however.

Hitman88
      Participant

I know a guy who would say “OWNED and DESTROYED” for this thread…Where is that goofball at? Terrorizing GatorChatter I would imagine…

mkfgator
      Participant

I appreciate the tid bit. It was good info. Could have been interpreted a number of different ways. I have to catch myself sometimes when I start to over analyze things. Some things are as obvious as an apple falling on your head. Franks is the best choice. It’s his time now.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.