GatorNation: Take a Deep Breath

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mtn2top 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

amayzng
    Participant

OK, I’ve been a Gator since age 8 back in the mid 80s. I never post, just don’t see the point, but this time I felt the need to weigh in. The job search will take time, and after just a few days, there is no leading candidate, or more anxiety-producing, there is no right answer. Let’s go through the candidates and look at pros/cons, by category:

NOT HAPPENING: Spurrier, Shanahan (Mike), Stoops, Gruden. These guys are done coaching.

TOO MUCH BAGGAGE: Kiffin, Chip Kelly, Petrino, Kerwin Bell. Too many issues with NCAA or personal problems.

COORDINATORS READY TO STEP UP (AKA the “Muschamps”): Venables, Moorehead, Aranda, Diaz, Pruitt. Did the AKA not make you think twice?

THE UP AND COMERS: Morris, Frost, Candle, Campbell, Norvell, and Bobo. Didn’t we just experience an offensive oriented lower tier head coach. Oh yeah, that did not fix the issues.

THE “MAYBE” READY TO MOVE TO BIGGER JOB: Mullen, Fuente, Doeren, Babers, Taggart, Brohm, Leach. Sure, why not? I would personally love to see what the Mad Pirate could do with 5* athletes.

My point is this: there are no guarantees, and there is a long way to go. It is far, far too early to begin the speculation.

mtn2top
    Participant

It’s never too early to begin speculation on who the next Florida coach will be. They were speculating last week so why not this week?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.