Game 9: Florida – Georgia Game

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Arnold Feliciano 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author

mtn2top
    Participant

It’s here at last! The SEC East showdown that will all but determine the division and who has the clear path to the SEC title game and all that lies beyond.

Florida is the underdog. despite having the higher ranking coming into the game. None of that really matters with only one team a serious contender in the aftermath of this game.

As I’ve mentioned in another thread, offensively I see Florida passing and Georgia running with success in this game. The ability of the respective defenses to limit those activities will be key to victory. Florida will load the box with an extra man most of the day and Georgia will tend to drop that man into coverage.

Something has not been right offensively at Georgia this season. That won’t be completely fixed in an off-week. Meanwhile Florida has improved it’s offense in every game, especially since Trask took over at QB. With that in mind, this game is setting up to be an offensive grinder. I think it comes down to how much Georgia can score on the ground to keep up with Florida in the air.

I’ll take Florida in a close one, 27-24.

Corey
    Participant

I don’t know what kind of score to predict, but the return of Zuniga and Greenard at the same time could make a huge difference defensively, especially if one or both are able to get passed UGA’s OLine. If that happens, then Grantham won’t even feel like he needs to blitz, allowing for the LBs to simply see where Swift goes and attack it at the line of scrimmage. I think the biggest factor for the Gators though is the impact Toney can possibly make. Another big weapon in Mullen’s arsenal makes him almost unbeatable. Looking forward to seeing how the three impact this game, but solid returns by all three will mean a win for the Gators.

Arnold Feliciano
    Keymaster

Pat Dooley, Sun sports columnist: Florida 28, Georgia 24
    Robbie Andreu, Sun staff writer: Florida 24, Georgia 23
    Graham Hall, Sun correspondent: Florida 27, Georgia 21
    JM Soracchi, Sun correspondent: Florida 27, Georgia 23
    Gatorsports.com: Florida 24, Georgia 20

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.