Game 12: Florida – Florida State

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  It’s always something 3 days, 2 hours ago.

• Author

mtn2top
    Participant

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Thanks to Arnold and staff for participating in predictions this season.

Steady as she goes. That’s the kind of second year I was expecting for Coach Mullen. It’s what we got. We lost two games, both to the better team. Next year should see us continue the positive progression towards winning crucial conference games.

This is a very important game for Florida if they are to hang around for a coveted bowl bid. This is the last week of the beauty pageant.

Puts FSU in a perfect position to play the spoiler, all but written off for the season. Gators are too much for this Seminole team to handle. 42-10 Florida.

Gator-6
    Participant

Mtn, you sure do come up with some good topics. With the paucity of posts in relation to articles since August, I appreciate it.

I’m not going to predict a score, but I will worry if we either come in too tight or too loose, and FSU comes ready to play lights out, nothing to lose. Florida should win, must win in fact.

Given the college football powers that be’s failure and refusal to place UF in the top 10, which has been rightfully earned and well deserved, it is definitely a must win, and needs to be the kind of statement win HBC used to make by putting up 50 or 60 points.

Joe Shiver
      Participant

I like the idea of scoring half-a-hundred against the Noles, but I don’t think we will. I’ll go 38-10. Go Gators!

Gator-6
        Participant

Joe, tell me you’ve already seen the game. I’m right, aren’t I?

Joe Shiver
          Participant

I have now, and I love what I saw!

StLGator
        Participant

I’d love to see a return to that approach. I’ll never forget taking time outs to hang “half-a-hundred” on the Dawgs the only time they ever played the Gators “between the hedges.”

It’d be great to pay the Semis back for the last decade of Swamp embarrassment by hanging “half-a-hundred” on them tomorrow night!

Arnold Feliciano
    Keymaster

Pat Dooley, Sun sports columnist: Florida 37, Florida State 10
    Robbie Andreu, Sun sports writer: Florida 31, Florida State 21
    Graham Hall, Sun correspondent: Florida 48, Florida State 13
    Gatorsports.com: Florida 42, Florida State 9

Thankful for our readers and subscribers. Person (non-employee) who nails final score or close enough gets swag (an item from various outlets promoting their product) crowding up my office desk.

Sly Sylvester
    Participant

Florida 45, Florida State 20.

Gator-6
      Participant

I don’t know for sure, but I’ll bet Florida is up by 23 at the half, Sly.

Sly Sylvester
        Participant

I don’t know for sure either, but I’ll see your bet and raise you another half that Florida will still be up by 23 at the final whistle.

mtn2top
    Participant

That’s how to close play in the Swamp this season, by devouring the Noles! This team is big-time bowl ready! Go Gators!

nopriors
    Participant

Did Moon play?

No, out for season with foot injury. But his replacement, M. Diabate, played well.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.