Breakout players this spring. Who are yours?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robbie Andreu 1 month ago.

• Author

Robbie Andreu

Here’s four of mine:
    Keon Zipperer: this tight end is a major talent and he’s going to start producing big plays and big moments his spring.
    Jacob Copeland: after showing signs of breaking out last fall, the opportunity will be there for him to establish himself as a consistent playmaker at wide receiver.
    Jesiah Pierre: this redshirt freshman linebacker can run — and really hit. He’s going to start making quite an impact on the defense.
    Khris Bogle: he saw significant playing time at rush end/outside linebacker as an undersized true freshman last fall. He’s added weight and strength and will battle for the starting role vacated by Jon Greenard.
    Those are four of mine. Who you got?

Gator-6
    Participant

Good picks. Me, I’m really interested in Dameon Pierce……I think if the OL has progressed, he will too. In fact, I’m willing to bet all but the electric bill portion of Gator65’s money that he will have a true breakout year. By that I mean, big time. I’d also like to get a look at Richardson since if he’s all that I think he might be at this stage, he’s going to be electric by 2021 and a key to our next SEC/National Championship. Now I say that recognizing that the format of the Spring Game may not actually permit that type of assessment — but I would like to get a glimpse of them just the same. But who knows? Kyle Trask and Jones may take us there sooner than that. If the OL comes up to SEC standard or better. In any event, I plan to be there all the way from Texas and meet some of my Gator pals in person, get back in a hurry, and tell a few Longhorns that they can’t even hold the jock straps of the mighty Florida Gators. Not in a Larry Holmes sort of way, of course…..some of those buzzards are pretty big old boys, you know.

Robbie Andreu

I like your Pierce pick. I have a strong feeling about him, too. The kid has a lot of talent, and like Perine, has a chance to be a very good receiver coming out of the backfield.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.