Basketball recruiting — Emmitt Williams

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Kevin Brockway
      Participant

Top 2018 basketball recruit Emmitt Williams, a power forward prospect ranked in the top 20 in the country in most national recruiting websites, just narrowed down his final 7 schools. Florida is on the list along with Miami, LSU, USC, Kansas, Duke and Oregon.

Williams went to IMG Academy in Bradenton last year and is going to Oak Ridge High in Orlando this year.

A potential big-time, in-state recruit if the Gators can get him — McDonald’s All-American level talent. Athletic. 6-8, 210.

Kevin Brockway
      Participant

Here’s more on Emmitt Williams

Florida remains in mix for Emmitt Williams

ATXGator
      Participant

How much of a shot do you give the Gators here? The worry for me is with Duke and Kansas on the list… we don’t have much of a chance.

Kevin Brockway
      Participant

It’s a tough recruitment but there’s a chance if the kid wants to stay in-state.

TheMexican
      Participant

Get that boy a Miata. He’ll sign in no time.

Jack O Diamonds
      Participant

Get that boy a Miata. He’ll sign in no time.

Ox, is that you?

mtn2top
      Participant

Love to see Williams come to Florida and have “Emmitt” chanted in the Odome.

Some of these new posters and handlers are a might suspicious.

MalikG
      Participant

Is there a sense of when Emmitt Williams will sign? I know he’s been tight-lipped, but isn’t the assumption that he’ll be a late signee? Also, I thought he was the only power forward UF was recruiting, so I was surprised to see 6-10 Orlando big Colin Castleton announce both an official visit to Gainesville but also that he’d been offered…

gatorsid
      Participant

Coach White may have a difficult time recruiting the black athletes with a name like that. However, he seems to be doing well unlike Billy Donovan, who could not recruit the elite black athletes very well. He was lucky with the 04s given that Sidney Green was really the one coaching that team from behind the scenes.

stephenPE
      Participant

NOW that is a Sid comment. But most of us knew Sid spewed that bs more than a few times……White has em one game from Final Four his 2nd year. Impressive as hell.

gatorsid
      Participant

White needed one more black athlete to take that underhand free throw shooting white boy.

Hitman88
      Participant

Mike White the PERFECT coach for UF. If his name was Mike Black we would have had a losing record

Hitman88
      Participant

Sid SCREWED up my playing career. I just couldn’t live up to his hype. I never got past pop warner on the girls fields…

Hitman88
      Participant

Sid called me Hitman but I was ALWAYS afraid to hit players on the field. I was a TOTAL PANSY out there and only belonged next to the cheerleaders and water boys.

stephenPE
      Participant

hitman

gatorsid
      Participant

Hitman,

Come on over to my house to discuss these expectations. Please…

Hitman88
      Participant

See this is the kind of SICK and PERVERTED nonsense that you come up with. Your fascination for years of middle school kids will get you locked up one day.

gatorsid
      Participant

Oh Hitman88, you are the greatest.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.