At Monday’s news conference following Florida’s 45-16 loss at Missouri, Gators interim head coach Randy Shannon announced several injuries that will affect the rest of the season and beyond.
- Redshirt freshman offensive lineman Brett Heggie went down with an apparent left knee injury in the first quarter against the Tigers, and Shannon confirmed the “lower leg extremity” injury is severe enough to end Heggie’s season.
- Freshman wide receiver Kadarius Toney will miss Saturday’s contest as he continues to hear from the shoulder injury he suffered in Florida’s 17-16 loss to LSU. Defensive end Jachai Polite (shoulder) will also miss Florida’s match-up with the Gamecocks.
- Defensive end Jabari Zuniga (ankle), defensive back Shawn Davis and center T.J. McCoy will return against the Gamecocks. “Jabari will be fine. T.J. will be fine. Jachai and Kadarius will not play this week,” Shannon said. “They haven’t recovered from the injury, haven’t responded yet. And they’re in the same position they were in last week. So, when you have that type of situation, you can’t put a young man in those situations and try to play them.”
- Sophomore wide receiver Tyrie Cleveland is still not fully healed from the ankle injury, but it won’t affect his status for Saturday’s game.
- Quarterbacks Jake Allen and Kyle Trask remain out with undisclosed injuries.