The Sunday Blog comes at you after a full day of watching college football and doing a little grilling. Best burgers ever.
1 — OK, I’m a little weirded out. I saw some strange things on Saturday.
* Like Tennessee calling a flea flicker but forgetting to tell its receivers that a pass play was called.
* Or Rashaun Golden flipping double birds at Alabama students down 21 points.
* Or Mike Leach making his offensive players do up-downs on the sideline after a poor series.
* Or Jimbo Fisher wanting to fight a fan after his team’s loss to Louisville.
* Or Rutgers winning its second Big 10 game of the year.
2 — The best player I saw all day Saturday was Oklahoma running back Rodney Anderson. He was a beast in the Sooners’ season-saving win. The worst player I saw was anybody who suited up for Ole Miss on the interior defensive line. My gosh, I think I could have gone for a buck fifty against the Rebels with those holes.
3 — Home field advantage is an amazing thing. Except here in Gainesville this year, of course, but let’s let the Gator-bashing rest this week. What were supposed to be the top two games of the night were home blowouts. Nobody shows the difference week in and week out more than Mississippi State’s defense. In four home wins, the Bulldogs have allowed 24 points. In three road games, 101 points.
4 — My AP top 10 is in and as follows: 1. Alabama; 2. Penn St.; 3. TCU; 4. Georgia; 5. Wisconsin; 6. Ohio State; 7. Miami; 8. Notre Dame; 9. Clemson; 10. Oklahoma.