[Correction on dates] The Florida Gators already knew who they were playing next season. Now, they know when with the release of the 2018 schedule by the SEC on Tuesday.
UF will open the season at home with Charleston Southern and then dive right into SEC play the following week against Kentucky in The Swamp.
LSU is coming to Florida Field for the second consecutive season due to the 2016 game being moved from Gainesville to Baton Rouge because of the threat of Hurricane Matthew. The Tigers come to town on Oct. 6.
LSU is UF’s permanent opponent from the West. The Gators other cross-divisional game in 2018 is against Mississippi State. UF travels to Starkville on Sept. 29 (the week after the Gators travel to Tennessee) for the first time since 2009.
UF’s other two non-conference games are against Colorado State and Idaho.
Colorado State will receive $2 million for coming to Gainesville. It’s part of the $7 million to buy out coach Jim McElwain’s CSU contract when he accepted the job at UF.
The last half of the schedule retains most of its tradition, with the Gators playing Georgia in Jacksonville on the last Saturday in October, followed by league games against Missouri and South Carolina. A week after facing Idaho at home, UF closes the regular season against arch-rival Florida State in Tallahassee.
The 2018 UF schedule
2018 Florida Football Schedule
* September 1 – Charleston Southern (Gainesville)
* September 8 – Kentucky (Gainesville)
* September 15 – Colorado State (Gainesville)
* September 22 – at Tennessee (Knoxville)
* September 29 – at Mississippi State (Starkville, Miss.)
* October 6 – LSU (Gainesville)
* October 13 – at Vanderbilt (Nashville, Tenn.)
* October 20 – Bye
* October 27 – vs. Georgia (Jacksonville)
* November 3 – Missouri (Gainesville)
* November 10 – South Carolina (Gainesville)
* November 17 – Idaho (Gainesville)
* November 24 – at Florida State (Tallahassee)