Special to The Sun
The Florida men’s basketball program has received National Letters of Intent from three incoming freshmen for 2019 – Scottie Lewis, Tre Mann and Omar Payne – all of whom rate in the top 35 of the ESPN 100 rankings of the 2019 class.
“We’re happy to officially welcome these guys to the Florida family,” UF coach Mike White said. “Our goal is always to bring in guys who excel both on and off the court, and we expect these young men to be great additions to our team in both regards.”
The three signees will join the Gators for the 2019-20 season, as three current Gators will exhaust their eligibility this season: KeVaughn Allen, Kevarrius Hayes and Jalen Hudson.
G | 6-5 | 185 | Colts Neck, N.J. | Ranney School
* Five-star wing who is an explosive athlete and exceptional finisher.
* Rated No. 13 in the ESPN 100 rankings.
* Competed in the 2018 NBPA Top 100 camp and participated in the 2016 USA Basketball Men’s Junior National Team minicamp.
G | 6-4 | 185 | Gainesville, Fla. | The Villages
* Combo guard with range and the ability to facilitate, rated a five-star prospect by 247Sports and a four-star by ESPN.
* Rated No. 30 in the ESPN 100 rankings.
* Competed in the 2018 Pangos All-American camp.
F | 6-9 | 210 | Kissimmee, Fla. | Montverde Academy
* Four-star big man with the ability to guard multiple positions.
* Prior to enrolling at Montverde, Payne played at Osceola and helped the team to a state championship.
* Rated No. 35 in the ESPN 100 rankings.