Florida hosts a key SEC matchup this weekend against Alabama. Both teams are looking for a series win after struggling in the first two weeks of league play.
UF (17-10, 1-5 SEC) will throw righty Tommy Mace (4-2, 3.99 ERA) while Alabama (20-6, 2-4)counters with right-hander Sam Finnerty (4-2, 3.60 ERA) in today’s 6:30 p.m. (SEC Network+) contest. Saturday’s game is also a 6:30 p.m. start and Sunday is at 1 p.m.
Overall: Florida leads 60-57. In Gainesville: UF leads, 33-18.
McConnell Leads Way: Shortstop Brady McConnell has led the offense over the last five games with a .471 average (8-17) and seven RBI. On Tuesday against FSU, he went 2-4 with a game-winning, two-run double in the seventh inng. Last week vs. Jacksonville, he went 3-3 with a career-high four RBI. On the year, McConnell leads UF with 12 multi-hit games, 37 hits and 24 runs scored.
Calilao Producing: Freshman first baseman Kendrick Calilao has a team-high 29 RBI, sixth overall in the SEC and second-most among all freshman nationally.
Mace the Ace: Sophomore Tommy Mace has been the most consistent among Florida’s weekend starters. He has pitched into the seventh inning in five of six starts despite reaching 100 pitches just one (last week at Vanderbilt).
Sunshine Showdown: On Tuesday, the Gators beat Florida State 4-2 in Jacksonville to clinch the season series over the Seminoles. UF has won 10-straight against FSU. Nolan Crisp did not allow a run through his first five innings on the mound and Christian Scott pitched 3.1 scoreless innings to finish the game. Brady McConnell’s two-run double, his second hit of the game, in the seventh inning proved to be the game-winner. Kendrick Calilao also had two hits in the game.
On Friday and Saturday the Gators are also hosting the Pepsi Relays Track Meet. The following options are available for fans attending baseball at McKethan Stadium.
- First-come, first-serve in O’Connell Center Garage
- A FREE shuttle service is provided from Garage IX at the Intersection of Gale Lemerand Drive and Archer Road. The shuttle begins 2 hours prior to the start of the earliest scheduled event, and will end approximately 30 minutes after the conclusion of the last event. (map)
- James G. Pressly Stadium
- Law School
- Frat Row, along Fraternity Drive
- Please DO NOT park along any roads or in the grass and only use parking lots or garages.
- #FyreNightUF – exclusive promotions available for select fans
- Food Truck Friday – Local food trucks Cilantro Tacos and Soup to Nuts will be set up along the left field line by maintenance area.
- Pepsi Family Night – Families can purchase 4 GA tickets, 4 hotdogs and 4 sodas for only $24.
- Gator Booster Night – All Gator Booster members with valid ID receive 2-for-1 reserved bleacher.
- Seniors Nights—Senior citizens, ages 55 and older, can purchase 2-for-1 reserved bleacher seating
- Military/First Responders Nights—All military members and first responders, active and retired, can purchase 2-for-1 reserved bleacher seating
Family Sundays – GA tickets, small popcorn and 10oz. sodas are only $1 each.
- Community National Anthem – Prior to the game, kids 12 and under, can line the field for the National Anthem
- Kids Korner – Fun and games set up on the concourse for kids 12 and under!
- Allison Ables Real Estate Circle the Bases – Kids, 12-and-under can circle the bases with Albert following non-conference Sunday games.
- Autograph Alley – Immediately following conference Sunday games, Gator players will be available to sign autographs in Autograph Alley down the 3rd base line.
UF sports information department contributed to this report.