Special to The Sun
Florida senior JJ Schwarz was named the SEC Co-Player of the Week for his performance against No. 10 Florida State and Missouri, the SEC announced Monday.
Schwarz is the second Gators’ player to earn the award this season. Junior Jonathan India was the SEC Player of the Week on April 2.
- Schwarz led the team with 6 RBI last week and hit .500 in a Top 10 road win at Florida State and a weekend sweep against SEC East rival Missouri
- In the sweep against Missouri, he went 5-for-10 with two doubles, a home run and four RBI
- His RBI single in the sixth inning at FSU provided the winning run and he added a solo homer in the 8th inning
- In game one of the doubleheader on Saturday, Schwarz had a two-run double in the first inning and a solo home run in the sixth inning that gave UF a 3-2 lead before they blew the game open in the seventh
- Schwarz took over the team lead with 36 RBI on the season
Schwarz shares the honor with LSU’s Austin Bain, who hit .500 (9-for-18) with eight RBI in the Tigers’ 4-0 week that included a sweep of Tennessee.
The Gators are back in action against Jacksonville (24-9) on Tuesday at 6 p.m. at McKethan Stadium. Florida travels to Lexington this weekend for a three-game series at Kentucky.
Still waiting on the clowns that called for UF’s pitching coach to be fired after 1 bad game in Miami…
They are Silent Bob…until God forbid we lose a series
Correction^ hitting coach