Year ZERO for Tennessee

This topic contains 25 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Alvin York 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Alvin York
    Participant

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times”

Forget “Tale of Two Cities”

It was the worst of time, and it got even more worst than that.

2017 was a nuclear holocaust.

Can we even remember a more disheartening year at Tennessee?
    We barely escape from the lowly University of Massachusetts at Neyland.
    We were blown out my a nonentity like Missouri.
    We were smashed by LSU and Georgia not to mention our inferiors, Dandy Vandy at Neyland before a hushed assembled masses of UT fans.
    For the first time in the history of Tennessee football, the Volunteers have finished a season with eight losses.
    For the first time since joining the SEC in 1933, Tennessee has finished a season with zero wins in conference play.
    For the first time since 1964 that Tennessee has lost to Kentucky and Vanderbilt in football in the same season.

Such is 2017 a year of nuclear fallout raining over the state of Tennessee and the hallowed halls of Knoxville and Neyland Stadium.

Thank you, Butch, UT Athletic Director and alumni for picking a comedy troupe of Head Coaches since Phil Fulmer was sent packing.
    Now the brilliance of our genius Athletic Director, John Currie announcing the decision to hire Greg Schiano as the new Head Coach who lead Tennessee back to the Promised Land. Not only is Schiana a mediocre coach with no Tennessee ties but he is a Pedophile enabler involved in the Penn State scandal involving a child sex abuser, Jerry Sandusky.

Per testimony of former PSU coach Mike McQueary, Schiano witnessed Sandusky abusing a child in the shower in the early 1990s. Current UCLA DC Tom Bradley apparently also knew about it.

McQueary’s testimony:

Q: Did he identify who the other coaches were that had given him this information?
    A: The one in the early ’90s, yes.
    Q: And who was that?
    A: Greg Schiano.
    Q: Greg Schiano?
    A: Yes.
    Q: And did he give you any details about what Coach Schiano had reported to him?
    A: No, only that he had – – I can’t remember if it was one night or one morning, but that Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower. And that’s it. That’s all he ever told me.

The people of Tennessee rose up in rebellion posting their outrage and defiance on social media. What happened with the hiring of a new head coach at Tennessee and the backlash is unprecedented in American history. We flatly would not accept this lowlife bastard as part of the tradition of the University of Tennessee. The powers that be at UT got the message and took action to save their own scalps. How incompetent and devoid of integrity could the Tennessee Athletic Department and Administration be? The People spoke. The People said “NO”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We stand with shame and horror as the bottom of the barrel in the SEC. There is no way to excuse our horrible team, our less than stellar coaches and our bumbling pathetic Athletic Department and Administration. We have no head coach, soon to have no AD, non existent recruiting prospects and mired in the shame of Schiano-Gate.

It doesn’t get any worse than this.

https://www.rockytoptalk.com/2017/11/25/16700014/college-football-you-have-just-witnessed-the-worst-season-of-tennessee-football-ever-butch-jones

Al Bundy
    Participant

Sounds like you’re about to get Gundy, or are at least in talks with him. He should do fairly well at UT if he can recruit out of state half way decent.

mtn2top
    Participant

You can’t say I didn’t warn you last year Alvin. Butch Jones was a dead man walking since last season’s epic fail.

I’ll withhold judgement on a successor until they are named.

Black Dahlia
    Participant

I wouldn’t want to see this happen to UGa or even FSU (might be alright for Miami, though). UT has my sympathies. Lets make the SEC East great again!

CROCS
    Participant

No coach would want to go to UT where it seems the inmates run the asylum. (literally)

redhatgator
    Participant

HAHA… No Gundy for UT. Hey Alvin, all the smack you’ve talked over the years… How does it feel to be a part of the largest dumpster fire in the history of college football? UT fans are so detached from reality. UT is not a top 10 or even Top 20 coaching job. Quit thinking you’re going to get a big name. And after these debacles, you better hope you can at least land a coordinator from a decent school.

Alvin York
      Participant

It feels surreal and depressing to be a fan of the 1998 team who destroyed the Noles for the National Championship to witness in 2017 a virtual nuclear detonation of the University of Tennessee football program.

We have no choice but to rise from the ashes like a Phoenix or roll around forever in the SEC pigsty.

redhatgator
    Participant

You Vol fans like to reach far back to that 1998 team…. That should be more telling as to the state of your program. 20 years have rolled by and UT hasn’t been relevant since then in all but maybe 2 seasons. The expectations don’t match the source code, and the fan base needs to wake up. At this rate, UT will only have a recruiting class slightly better then UTEP’s.

NotQyteNeo
      Participant

I think that might be a little too optimistic from a UT perspective.

NotQyteNeo
    Participant

Yeah UT. If Gundy is dead-set on sabotaging his own career, then yep, he’ll be your next HC.

mkfgator
    Participant

I know folks in Tenn are hurting in a bad way.It’s easy to start rationalizing in order to sleep at night. But the Tenn contingent made their own mistakes and their own bed and don’t want to lie in it. This bullshit about Schiano is just that. First of all, if you believe the above unofficial excerpt of the McQueary testimony, it is double hearsay, which is inherently unreliable. Several investigations were done in this case and not a single one focused on Schiano , nor was he even called as a witness. Tenn can’t make its way out of a paper bag and now they want the world to believe they dogged GS bc 25 years ago he “enabled” a pedophile? They know something from Twitter that the FBI, Tampa Bay, NFL, Ohio St, NCAA missed? I didn’t realize the Vols had Scotland Yard on their staff. Here is the truth: Tenn arrogantly thinks it is entitled to have God coach its team and nothing less. We hear every 3 years about Gruden being at the “top of their list” , when in reality they are at the bottom of his. That’s what a fragile, arrogant mind can do: make you believe in tooth fairies rather than the truth.Their arrogance is further exemplified by their love for the most arrogant “coach” in CF–Lane Kiffen. But to destroy a man’s reputation based on zero reliable evidence that apparently the whole world except the crack vetting team at Tenn missed is less than ridiculous. It’s sinful and wrong and I can’t believe people are still spewing that crap in public. Call T Martin now. He graduated from the school. He might just be dumb enough to take the job, which is why he would be a perfect fit.

Alvin York
      Participant

I like the idea of a “God Coach”.

So if God wants the job by all means drop on down and come to Knoxville but you better win us the National Championship.

nopriors
    Participant

I would wait and see who wins the MAC Championship. Maybe Terry Bowden from Akron. He seems to have dedicated himself do developing the well loved Vol fan physique. For a few years there his hair was even kind of orangey. He could bring Chuck Amato for your defense. Seriously, I really hope you guys get a good hire and get respectable soon. It’s just better for the entire SEC. Neyland Stadium is an epic venue in SEC football.

Alvin York
    Participant

vulcan_alex
    Participant

Not everyone in TN is unhappy about Vole incompetence. Let them wallow for several more years, very happy about it.

Alvin York
    Participant

Let me led you jort lizards on secret all Vol fans harbor.

Being beaten down for so many years by the Gators is horrendous but doesn’t approach the pathos of watching the University of Memphis Tigers roar and sail past our beloved Vols the last few years. This year Memphis is a offensive juggernaut with a NFL worthy quarterback that has lost only one game the entire year. They are head and shoulders better than Tennessee.

That we cannot abide

nopriors
      Participant

Memphis only loss came from UCF. They play for title this weekend. Memphis quarterback had the worst game of his life and gave the game to UCF. I don’t think that happens twice. Should be as good as USF-UCF. I love watching great offenses.

NotQyteNeo
        Participant

Agreed. I am an Orlando native, so I am Gator fan first, and Knight fan second. But you are correct. Memphis might be one of the hottest teams in the country right now – much better than when they played UCF earlier in the the year. This game will definitely be an epic battle.

NotQyteNeo
      Participant

Gator fans can relate. UCF would take UF behind the woodshed if the 2 teams played right now.

nopriors
      Participant

So is Fulmer the new AD and Tee Martin the new coach? I had hoped they would keep Butch.

CROCS
    Participant

Just in from Coach Lane Kiffin: Kim Jung Un just turned down the UT coaching position. Priceless

WernerIsTentative
    Participant

How nice of you to show your face. I want to hear a full recollection of your emotions and feelings after we beat you guys.

For the 2nd time in three years, you lost and wouldn’t show your face on this board for weeks. It was just last year that you were talking about how tennessee was finally “back.” (For the 4th or 5th year in a row).

My response was that you guys weren’t back and just had a slightly luckier year than normal.

Anyway, why the long hiatus Alvie?

Gators93
    Participant

Reports are now that Tennessee has fired their athletic director. This is like a second rate big budget action movie, all action, no brains. Who’s got the popcorn?

Alvin York
      Participant

Florida’s victory over Tennessee?

I was surprised.
      I was angry.

That’s about it.

gator_tom
    Participant

ut has a long way to go to get to year 1.

NotQyteNeo
    Participant

Reports are the Fulmer is the new AD. I hope he has fire-fighting gear:
    Tennessee Dumpster Fire

BTW – any of you guys(gals) on the Rivals board? The “College Football Soundoff” board is very good and very active.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.