Who You Got in the National Championship?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  gator67 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

mtn2top
    Participant

I’m not alone in predicting a low scoring affair between top defenses and coaching preference for the running game on offense.

I think Alabama has the better defense, except for the lack of depth at linebacker. That’s good for Georgia with it’s crushing running game. Even if they load the box, Fromm and Georgia can throw effectively. That has to be the approach Alabama will take. Georgia seems to be the team of destiny this year.

I think Alabama is going to give Georgia a taste of it’s own medicine and bring it on the ground with their rotation of great backs, especially Hurts. Their offense line is without peer.

Head coaching experience is a big factor in championship games. It’s going to be close and could easily go either way with a critical mistake. This one should put Saban and the Tide in the record books with a 24-21 final score.

CROCS
    Participant

Hard to vote against Saban. Game plan against Clemson was terrific. Bama LBs are a concern but I think they overcome it Alabama takes it in a defensive struggle.

Gator-6
    Participant

My brain tells me Georgia, but my gut tells me Bama. Not looking for a lot of points on either side, but if Georgia can do both, ie, run and pass, they might put up too many to overcome despite Bama’s defense. I’m afraid Bama comes in too one dimensional on offense, but who the hell knows what they’ll do until they do it? I’d hate to be waging money on this one!

vulcan_alex
    Participant

Bama of course, no real Gator can root for Georgia.

mtn2top
      Participant

So true. They showed a shot of Vince Dooley and Hershel Walker in a booth watching the game and it brought back a lot of bad memories from Florida’s forfeited 1st SEC championship.

alohakid
    Participant

So the sec won yet another mythical national ‘ship… sadly, UF wont win one ever again… jawja’s head coarch with his great 5* recruitment and the huge momentum, UF will be lucky to maybe wins a FL-jawja game in 10 years or so… the sec eat? fu-ge-da-bout-it!!! Thank you fooley.

mtn2top
      Participant

The NC was won on the field after a playoff. It is not “mythical.”

gator67
      Participant

Ever is a long time. Is Kirby Smart immortal?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.