Who do you want beat down hardest by UF football this year?

This topic contains 23 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Gator65 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

I know it’s supposed to be GA or FSU, but for me, it’s long been Tennessee. Whether it’s the stupid creamsicle colored jerseys, or the insufferable Peyton (who never beat UF) insurance commercials, or hearing about Phil Fulmer being a “football genius”, or “we’ll be singing ‘Rocky Top’ tonight”, it’s all just a little too irksome. So a savage beat down on them is always best.

SoCal Gator
    Participant

Always the Noles for me. Things like the Earnest Graham getting his leg twisted, Bowden and Jimbo’s refusal to suspend their good players, and the ACC officials robbing us 2003. That’ll always be the beat down I want most. I’d love to put a whooping on Auburn this year too. It’s been a while since we’ve done that. Plus they’ve ruined some undefeated seasons for us in the past.

StLGator
    Participant

I’m with SoCal. The Spearchuckers are, by far, the team I love the most to see the Gators beat down every season.

The Dawgs and Vols have SEC membership as their redeeming quality. That second-rate girls’ school out west doesn’t even have THAT going for them! I also REALLY hate their relentlessly annoying, stupid, tomahawk chop chant, even more than Vol fans’ Rock Top, which is at least a song… sort of.

Joe Shiver
    Participant

Count me among the Nole haters. I certainly want to win every game, but I want to destroy FSU!

aintpcanddontcare
    Participant

I’m not really into beat downs. I prefer beating our rivals on the last play of the game by 1 point with a 4th and Williston to go play. I think that’s more devastating than a beat down.

Joe Shiver
      Participant

I get it, aintpc, a 1 point, last second win makes the loser sick with “what ifs”, replaying the game agonizingly in their minds and seeing every little play that could’ve turned the game in their favor. Excruciating. I like it!

After that 1980 Game (UF 35 FSU 3) there was a bumper sticker with that score and a broken spear on it. That was pretty good.

How about having Doak (what kind of name is “Doak” anyway?) Campbell stadium half empty halfway through the 3rd quarter? I like Saturday afternoon beat downs, at least in part, because they allow time to get extra garage and basement things done, scoring and banking away big Saturday night wife points.

Gator-6
    Participant

I’m for scheduling Charleston Southern twice, just so we can be sure of two beat downs in the same season.

But for reals, it has to be the Noles. Georgia anyway we can get it…..but beat the Noles to a pulp. Stump break their chickens afterward. Hell, all their small farm critters, even their camels. Then date their cheerleaders, at least the ones who are biologically correct females.

In a Christian sort of way, of course.

Joe Shiver
      Participant

Date the Nole cheerleaders at your own peril, 6, and then, only if you’re ok with tobacco spit down the passenger side of your pick-up truck.

Gator-6
        Participant

Joe, any woman I date must use a spit cup — I insist on it. Heck, when my sister went off to college at FSU, it didn’t stop us from still dating once in a while but that tobacco spit on the side of my truck sure ruled out any marriage plans!

Joe Shiver
          Participant

I applaud your discernment in the area of insisting on the use of a spit cup. There are other options, such as the use of an old 20 oz. Pepsi bottle, but there’s nothing worse than grabbing what you think is a nice refreshing Pepsi, only to find out the hard way that it’s not!

Gator-6
            Participant

Joe, I have been there and done that, so I know the pain when it ain’t Pepsi in the Pepsi bottle. Try it sometime when that stuff has been sitting for a while. Now, it’s eventually funny after a long while, and you can look back a laugh about it. On the other hand, it’s ALWAYS funny when somebody else does it — if they’re not in your car or truck, of course.

aintpcanddontcare
    Participant

Gator 6- You know FSU is where the men are men—-and the women are too.

Gator-6
      Participant

Ever think of it this way, Ain’tpc? That’s why there’s a Target store on every corner in Tally!

mtn2top
    Participant

Georgia. Tame the puppies.

youneverknow
    Participant

No question, JAWJA!

Loved what Steve the Superior did to GA, but for me it’s just something about putting a one sided ass whuppin’ on TN that is slightly more satisfying.

mtn2top
    Participant

Georgia is the team in the East to beat to get to Atlanta and all that lies beyond.

cattrick
    Participant

FOR ME, IT IS ALWAYS THE ‘WHOLES,’ FROM TALLAHASSEE. (CHANGE THE L TO AN R. LOL)
    Last game of regular season and a win stays with Gators througout the offseaason, regardless of any SEC or Bowl games.

ag8tor
    Participant

If you lived in middle Georgia like I do it is uga EVERY year!

Marc
    Participant

While having a beatdown for any of our rivals like UGA, fsu, UT, LSU would e great…I must put forth the idea that just winning those games is satisfying to ANY Gator worldwide!

As for beatdowns…there are 2 real candidates deservng of our best efforts to deliver a true beatdown this Fall…

The Missouri Tigers have been a thorn in our Gator hides since joining the conference. I’ve been to their place and have lived in Mizzurah a couple summers…that place deserves a beatdown after beatdown much like OU and NU used to deliver to them in the ol’ Big 8 conference days…We need to bust them up…

and…

the Kitties…err… Kentucky Wildcats, who believe they finally have the edge after ending the many years of futility against us. Our Gators need to bust them up as bad as we can to send them back to reality.

Beatdowns on both would make me a very happy Gator. Neither belong to be in the game with the Florida Gators in 2019…beat our rivals, including Auburn… but beatdown both Mizzou & UK!

robg8r1994
    Participant

free shoes always!!!!!!!!!!

Gator65
    Participant

Anyone on the seasons schedule. While beating FSU is always worth a smile the WLOCP in Jax watching the UGA fans leave at half time is always quite rewarding. I remember my first game back after a long break in attending. 2006 Chris Leak,2008 The time outs to a half empty stadium full of nothing but Gator Fans. Leak was in the stadium Gator Chomping a couple seats behind me.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.