Where is our passion

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  rleaton2 1 year ago.

• Author

CBR
    Participant

NO LEADERSHIP

gator67
    Participant

I think some leadership finally appeared at the end. The defense still almost let the game slip away, however.

DrG8r
    Participant

Del Rio showed INCREDIBLE LEADERSHIP and did more in the win than probably most realize. He knows the offense better than anyone! He was even reading the Kentucky defense and communicating to his line how to block against the defensive schemes! Franks is NOWHERE CLOSE TO BEING THE FIELD GENERAL THAT WE HAVE IN DEL RIO!!! Did you notice how MUCH BETTER the line protected Del Rio and run blocked? Yes, Davis is the number one running back, and he did hit the hole faster, but the line was blocking better throughout the game (and none better than the fourth quarter). Yes, Del Rio wasn’t perfect, but he was nearly flawless! Gator Nation would NOT HAVE WON WITHOUT BRINGING DEL RIO IN THE GAME. Please understand, Del Rio is a field manager, and he is the only QB for Florida and no one else is even close!!!

gator67
    Participant

I agree that Del Rio has the ability to get the Gators into the right plays and formations and Franks does not — as of now. The question about which one should start remains, however, since one way to learn is through experience and Franks definitely has a much greater upside. Still, I wouldn’t be surprised if Del Rio starts the next game.

mtn2top
    Participant

Coach Mac shaved it close in calculating the substitution. Del Rio was his “ace in the hole.”

rleaton2
    Participant

If someone doesn’t teach these guys how to tackle we are going to get ran over by a lot of teams!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.