Week 8 – Georgia Game Predictions

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Sly Sylvester 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

mtn2top
    Participant

Isn’t it great to have Florida coming into this game as a top 10 team?

Georgia has been there for the past couple of seasons. That’s why Georgia is a 9 point favorite. With six players going to the NFL, Georgia is diminished, especially in the running game.

The betting line will fall as the game approaches. Georgia has an edge on offense with Fromm. Florida has the better defense. Kicking and special teams could be the difference. Who makes the critical mistakes? the big plays?

Take the points – I’ll take the win. Only Florida will be in the top 10 next week. Florida 27-24 Georgia.

alohakid
    Participant

UF’s weekly improvements is impressive and fun to watch… I hate jawja with a passion, and hope I’m wrong, but I see them winning big: 52-3

Black Dahlia
    Participant

Florida wins 37-17.

Arnold Feliciano
    Keymaster

Robbie Andreu: Georgia 27, Florida 17
    Pat Dooley: Georgia 28, Florida 23
    Graham Hall: Florida 30, Georgia 17
    Kyle Bennett, Multimedia editor: Georgia 27, Florida 10
    Aaron Brand, Multimedia editor: Georgia 30, Florida 20
    Guest picker, Alan Festo, Multimedia editor: Florida 30, Georgia 24.
    Gatorsports.com: Florida 17, Georgia 13

amayzng
    Participant

I think the reality is Georgia has superior depth in many positions. Just like the Gators are not as bad as they looked against Kentucky, the Dawgs are not as bad as they looked against LSU. If you look at matchups, the Georgia Pass D is far better than our Pass O, while our Pass D might be marginally better than Georgia’s O. The rush games may be a push, but Georgia has more explosive backs that could make a difference. Coaching might tilt to us, and special teams marginally as well. If Florida is to win, they have to:

1. Win TO battle (at least +2)
    2. Win hidden yards (penalties, returns, etc.)
    3. Limit explosive UGA runs (less than 3 of the 15+ yard variety).
    4. Win time of possession
    5. Have at least one explosive on a return

Having said that, I don’t think it happens, and I don’t think we are competitive much beyond halftime. Georgia 34-17.

Sly Sylvester
      Participant

Almost perfect. We have some pretty good Gator Guessers on here.

Black Dahlia
    Participant

Chomp!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.