Transfers Receivers

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Al Bundy 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Fun-n-Gun9
    Participant

I haven’t seen whether the two transfer receivers will be eligible this year or have to sit. Anyone know anything regarding their status for this fall?

Arnold Feliciano
    Keymaster

Fun-n-Gun9:
    As of last week, UF was still awaiting word. Maybe that will change this week.

Fun-n-Gun9
    Participant

Thanks. How confident are people in the know that one or both will be cleared?

NotQyteNeo
      Participant

Hey @Arnold Feliciano – mid-way through spring camp, it was reported that neither had even submitted their paperwork to the NCAA. Do we now know for certain that they have filed?

Arnold Feliciano
    Keymaster

Fun-n-Gun9:

Robbie Andreu, our UF football beat writer, saw your question and called in his reply:

“From what I’m hearing, Grimes and Jefferson should know something sometime in April. I expect both to get a favorable ruling. But that’s just my opinion. It’s hard to predict what the NCAA will do.”

Fun-n-Gun9
    Participant

Okay, thank you for the information. Fingers crossed they are able to get on the field this year.

alohakid
    Participant

According to the official 2018 roster released today, they are both on it:

81 Trevon Grimes
    87 Van Jefferson

NotQyteNeo
      Participant

Being on the roster does not mean they are cleared to play.

Al Bundy
    Participant

Hope you’re right. Everything I’m hearing is that those two are the best receivers we have on the field right now. If they aren’t qualified to play this year, we’re gonna be in a world of trouble. Cleveland & Toney can’t seem to stay healthy and Swain and Hammond haven’t really produced anything as of yet. Maybe the new conditioning program with help with the staying healthy part this year. We can hope.

mtn2top
    Participant

I don’t see why they wouldn’t clear based on the circumstances. You never know with the NCAA.

We are stronger at receiver than many think. With a line that can add a second or two of time and a QB to deliver they will shine. We just haven’t had a competent passing scheme in awhile. It will take more than the first couple of games to get a passing game back on track again.

Arnold Feliciano
    Keymaster

Gang: We reached out to UF today about the receivers’ status, especially Jefferson’s relative to the favorable NCAA decision on QB Patterson to Michigan, and were told it’s “still going through the process.”

rollinsmith
    Participant

Sounds like Jefferson will be okay. No word yet on Grimes.

vulcan_alex
    Participant

I saw in an article that UF had not even applied, that might be incorrect. If it is someone at the Sun needs to ask why that would be, if it is incorrect then a correction needs to be made. The article was on a proposal at the SEC meetings about transfers.

Al Bundy
    Participant

Jefferson is clear through the SEC now that they’ve approved the new rule. It’s all up to the NCAA now, right?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.