The Vandy Curse

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mtn2top 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

mtn2top
    Participant

I didn’t want to write this before the game, but thank heavens the Vandy losing streak ends at five games. That was bizarre series of events, especially last year. It was a black mark on most of the players on our team.

Great start to the SEC season today with the win. In the first half, the team had it turned up defensively and looked very good. Second half was enough to seal the win but we’re still not playing an entire game yet at that defensive level. That cost us in nearly all the pre-season losses.

gator67
    Participant

This team does not appear to be able to stop dribble penetration. Maybe it’s due to a lack of communication, but for whatever reason, teams seem to be able to drive to the basket whenever they try. There were a few blocked shots in the first half when Vandy attempted layups, but no so much in the second. It is essential for Florida to do better at stopping drives to the basket if it wants to have any success this year. I’m hoping they will find a way.

mtn2top
    Participant

My hope is that our team matures and plays more consistently as we get some of the bigs back in the rotation. The way things are lining up, I see our team in good position to peak at season’s end.

It’s the nail biting and anxiety for these January conference games that will test many of our fans. We’ll continue to work with makeshift lineups and maximum effort to find the wins. The A&M game tonight is as big of a test we’ll face until playing the Wildcats.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.