Question for Graham, Pat and Robbie

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  NotQyteNeo 7 months ago.

• Author

Fun-n-Gun9
    Participant

I asked this question on Twitter, but I’m not a regular user of that social media forum, so I’m not sure if the question was ever responded to.

Does anyone see Kadarius Toney moving back to QB with the new spread system being installed?

Also, I was wondering if Graham could give a list of the “most likely” signees for the Gators during this early signing period.

CROCS
    Participant

K Toney could be a factor. He has a year to put some muscle on his frame, which looks to be a bit frail for a QB in the SEC. That said, he is a baller and appears to be tough – refusing to come out of the game in which he was clearly injured. His passing remains a question mark, but from the limited sample size he seems at least average and capable. His legs, no question, are legit. Can he be groomed to play QB? Possibly. But I think UF is better off using his all around talents, all over the field; exploiting his craftiness and surprising with his arm. Bottomline: he can play and needs touches.

Graham Hall

Hey Fun-n-Gun9, thanks for reaching out and hope everything’s going well with you.
    For your first question, I don’t see Kadarius Toney returning to the QB position. He’s spent 9 months learning the ins and outs of becoming a SEC wide receiver, and he was dynamic as a freshman in brief spurts. That alone should be reason to continue developing him rather than have him change positions for the second time in a year.

As far as early signees, the list remains slightly fluid, but here’s who I expect (or has indicated) to sign early who is currently committed to the Gators:

QB Matt Corral
    K Evan McPherson
    LB Amari Burney
    LB David Reese
    TE Kyle Pitts
    TE Dante Lang
    OL Chris Bleich
    RB Dameon Pierce
    RB Iverson Clement
    WR Tyquan Thornton

I can’t fully confirm this, but I expect Bleich, Burney, Clement, Corral and Pierce to enroll early at Florida.

Al Bundy
    Participant

So, now that Corral flipped to Ole Miss, how many of UF’s commits does he take with him? He was supposedly the one holding the class together during the coaching transition.

Graham Hall

I don’t think any of the early signees will opt out now that Corral is gone. But crazier things have happened.

Fun-n-Gun9
    Participant

What do you suppose made him flip? Did Mullen tell him his was recruiting another QB and he didn’t feel like “The Guy” anymore? I can understand him not feeling he might not fit the new system as well, but why Ole Miss? No proven coaches that I’m aware of to develop QBs, probation, unproven head coach. I don’t understand the choice if he is really being pursued by other programs.

Fun-n-Gun9
    Participant

Thanks for the reply to my questions, Graham. Keep up the good work with the recruiting information.

Al Bundy
    Participant

Saw on twitter this morning where corral tweeted “there will be more”. I assume he means UF commits flipping to Miss. Things that make you go Hmmmmm. Why would any college football athlete even be considering Ole Miss at this juncture with likely sanctions coming? I don’t get it.

NotQyteNeo
    Participant

Throwing this question out there for Graham or anyone else in the know …
    For the – I believe – 9 suspended players in the fraud case:
    A. What are UF’s options for pulling their scholarships and kicking them off the team?
    B. After they pull the scholarships, how soon would those be available to offer to other players?

NotQyteNeo
    Participant

And on the subject of the fraud case. Anyone know if the UF bookstore is going to take action on their clearly ineffective credit card screening process? Yes, if the players did these acts as they are accused, then YES, they are the ones to blame. But the bookstore completely missed these obvious cases of fraud. People only giving CC #, and not having the cards? …. REALLY?!? In the industries I worked in the past, such lazy and incompetent policies would lead to heads rolling. When the perpetrator is not caught and the credit claim is rejected, guess who eats the losses … YEP – in this case it would have been the bookstore.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.