QB Jake Allen To Transfer

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Al Bundy 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

mtn2top
    Participant

It’s inevitable that transfers will take place with the a coaching regime. Jake Allen’s skills are not as suited to the spread offense as pro style. Perhaps the writing was on the wall in the O&B game when spring training finished and he was behind freshman Emory Jones on the depth chart.

I still hate losing one of the best QB prospects in the 2017 class. Jake Allen was a top player that wanted to be a Gator and lead us back into national prominence.

Good luck in the future Jake.

Al Bundy
    Participant

He’s a good kid that stuck with his commitment when others abandoned the O&B. Unfortunately, he doesn’t seem to have the skill set, nor talent Mullen needs to take us to the next level. You could see it all last spring & this spring in the very limited looks we got into the practices. He was one of the least accurate passers in all of the drills both years. Even against air. He just doesn’t have the accuracy you need if you want to compete for championships.

NotQyteNeo
    Participant

He seems like a good kid with a good upbringing. And he seemed passionate about being a Gator, so I imagine this must be a huge bummer for him. I wish him the best of success in football and life.

Al Bundy
    Participant

Jake Allen

@JakeAllen_14
    Follow Follow @JakeAllen_14
    More
    Happy to announce that I will be transferring to Dartmouth College. Excited about the opportunity it brings academically as well as athletically. Go Big Green! @dartmouth @DartFootball #IvyLeague

7:44 PM – 1 Jun 2018

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.