Pat, Robbie, & Graham…

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  jdh5484 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author

Black Mamba
    Participant

Please, for the fans, hold McElwain’s feet to the fire during his poor excuses for press conferences. Make him answer the hard questions. We have no voice against his atrocious job performance, you MUST be our voices, (the voice for those w/o).

Maybe y’all should go all Kap on Mac and kneel when he’s at the podium.

I guarantee if they let the fans into one of these to ask real questions and not take the BS rhetoric he spews back, he’d tuck tail & run knowing he’s been exposed as the fraud he is.
    Man I wish UF had a way to fire him and make him refund the $$$ he was vastly overpaid based on job performance.

I bet you guys won’t even read this.

Arnold Feliciano
    Keymaster

Mamba: The sportswriters have the same questions fans have and do ask. List the questions here after the game and we’ll try to get to the best ones and ask coach Monday and Wednesday (his only local media availability).
    If we can’t get to your questions, fans also have access at WCA Gator Talk with coach Jim McElwain starting at 6 p.m. Thursday at Piesanos Pints & Pies (13th St./University Ave.) in Gainesville.
    The program airs on the Gator IMG Sports Network, on GatorVision and on TuneIn. All Gator fans are invited to join McElwain at Piesanos and participate in the show on location, while fans can also submit questions online, or on Twitter using #GatorTalk.

Black Mamba
    Participant

Arny, appreciate your response… (do you mind if I call you Arny?)

It’s not possible for some of us to make it to the WCA Gator Talk with coach Jim McElwain starting at 6 p.m. Thursday at Piesanos Pints & Pies (13th St./University Ave.) in Gainesville, and I highly doubt Mick (or his producers) are going to ask McElwain any hard questions.

what I really wish would happen is for someone to follow up his snarky responses with a “Coach, that doesn’t answer the question. Please answer the question.” I’m not in the press conferences, but I doubt that ever happens.

Arnold Feliciano
    Keymaster

Mamba, Arnie is fine. With so many media folk in the room ready to ask questions, reporters only have a chance at a couple queries each. It’s pretty civil during those sessions for the most part. Sometimes McElwain may get sarcastic with a reporter. He answered some tough ones Monday and did OK. He was humble.

Swamp Donkey
    Participant

Hey, Arnold, would you please ask Coach McButterteeth if he is packing his stuff yet? Or should I say, “And yet”?

I doubt Doug Nusschump actually unpacks between firings so don’t bother with him.

Graham Hall

Hey guys, it’s always difficult to ask the hard-hitting questions, especially when you consider we talk to the staff regularly and can’t burn any connections or bridges by asking “Why is __ employed?”. And Pat and Robbie may have seen this, but I haven’t seen a head coach throw a coordinator under the bus after losing a non-conference season opener, regardless of the opponent. In short, McElwain seems aware of the offensive issues and if a change will be made it won’t be because one of us asked him about a change.

Swamp Donkey
      Participant

“Hey guys, it’s always difficult to ask the hard-hitting questions, especially when you consider we talk to the staff regularly and can’t burn any connections or bridges by asking “Why is __ employed?”. And Pat and Robbie may have seen this, but I haven’t seen a head coach throw a coordinator under the bus after losing a non-conference season opener, regardless of the opponent. In short, McElwain seems aware of the offensive issues and if a change will be made it won’t be because one of us asked him about a change.”

Graham, I don’t seem to know how to make this quote work, so I did it manually. Yeah, I know it’s hard to ask questions sometime. I do it for a living, and I know he isn’t going to throw his friend of 20+ years under the bus, but it sure as hell isn’t for a non-conference opener. It isn’t like we’ve had dozens of blow outs or games where we score zero or one offensive TD (and the one field goal last game REALLY was a special teams block, not any damn thing the offense did).

We are 29 games in, and it’s not like it hasn’t looked like the same pile of dawgshyt the whole time.

Attorneys, teachers, counselors, journalists… the really good ones ask the tough questions and we would respect you for it.

vulcan_alex
    Participant

OK I get it that there is a balancing act, but how about those very specific questions I posed? He might not answer but he might and asking questions from Vole land does not work well. One difference with this board and its competitors is professional access to the coaches, use it or you have no advantage.

jdh5484
    Participant

What’s is going to take to get a reasonably consistent OL that can run and pass block?

[he won’t be able to answer]

The skill positions don’t matter if the OL can’t block. The play calling doesn’t matter. I realize we had almost no O-lineman when he showed up. So, #1 priority is O lineman. Yet, we didn’t sign the elite players. I assumed he was grabbing bodies that they could coach up. Well, what happened?
    Also, RBs need to know how to pick up the blitz. TEs need to know how to block.

SovietGator
    Participant

It was time for a change a long time ago.

With two seasons in the books, and now one game into the third season, there has been ZERO improvement on the Gators offense since Will Muschamp left in 2014. UF is dead last in offense in the SEC for 2015, 2016, and 2017.

http://secsports.go.com/statistics/football/team/total

And they are near dead last in offense in the FBS with rankings of 112th (2015), 116th (2016); and after one game into the 2017 season, they are now ranked 121st. FYI, there are only 128 schools in the FBS.

The Gators have never cracked the FBS Top 100 since McElwain arrived. Have a look at some of the lowly football programs ranked far above the Mighty Gators.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21/p3

The Gators are 0-6 vs FSU, Bama, and Michigan under Jim McElwain. And in those six games, UF only had 70 total points, 35 of which were scored by the defense and special teams. Both Zook and Muschamp had better offenses while at UF.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DI0BUgKUQAA1WMU.jpg:large

Please ask how is it possible that the Gators are still on a downward spiral after that much time, and how does a sub par performance – not even worthy of a DII school – warrant such massive contract extensions and pay raises for Jim McElwain and Doug Nussmeir.

At the rate they are going, they both need to donate a sizeable portion of their salaries back to UF in some charitable fashion.

An honest straight answer would be nice instead of non nonsensical coach speak, cutesy folkisms, excuses, and/or blaming others. We went through most of that with Will Muschamp. The Gator Nation deserves so much better.

Thanks, and GO GATORS!!

Black Mamba
    Participant

Soviet, stop posting your tyrade in every thread. Who are you, law or ferg?

Sly Sylvester
    Participant

Black Mamba – He is on my radar too. His real intentions will become evident in time. Just like we can judge a coach by his body of work, we will be able to judge a self proclaimed anonymous Gator fan by his body of work.

jdh5484
    Participant

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.