Optimistic about the Gator's Season

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  CROCS 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

DrG8r
    Participant

I agree with Robby Andreus article, and I expect the Gators to show enough improvement on offense to win at Kentucky. The Gator’s are VERY FORTUNATE to have mostly home field advantage. It looks like they will need it against Vandy. If the Gators offense continues to develop, the Georgia game becomes the KEY to Atlanta. Much has to happen, to keep the Gators in the hunt for Atlanta, including team health. It’s entirely possible that most teams in the East will have two loses. Florida just might limp backnowledged to Atlanta for a beat down. Alabama is still WAY BETTER!!!

mtn2top
    Participant

There’s Alabama and then everyone else in the SEC. That’s what ten years of coaching continuity with an elite coach will deliver.

Looking at what Mac has done the last two years, this year may be the easiest for the Gators to get to Atlanta. It makes one wonder what might have been if there were 9 more honest players on this team.

Georgia has a devastating two-headed run game and we have depth and experience issues at linebacker. Not a good match up this year going into Jax. We get through Vandy and it sets up another key SEC contest with Georgia. It goes without saying that it would be helpful if Georgia would somehow picks up a conference loss.

WernerIsTentative
    Participant

This reminds me of Muschamps year where the only lone regular season loss was Georgia… and we should have won that game too!

I don’t think this team is as good as that one by the way… Anyway, that team kept winning even though they never looked very good doing it. If this team can somehow pull out the next 3 winnable games at home they will be, undeservedly, ranked decently high.

Am I optimistic that we can win some more games? Yes. Am I optimistic that we can win any big games (aka… Atlanta). No.

mtn2top
    Participant

When you look at the three game home stretch, it would be easy to overlook Vandy knowing LSU and Texas A&M follow before WLOCP. I look forward to the anticipation ramping up with each game, hopefully each win, each week.

That’s what college football is all about. It ruins the season to focus on a game we may not even play in Atlanta at season’s end.

CROCS
    Participant

Our 9 vandals have definitely hurt this team. The youth these gators throw out on the field makes coaching harder and schemeing more difficult. But they are 2-0 in SEC play, the offense seems to be improving from “no play”(MI), to “one play” (TN), to “one quarter”(KY), and the defense as young as it is only needs to learn to tackle (what’s up with that anyway?). The right pieces are falling into place. Enjoy the growth. Mac has them on the right trajectory. (and say good bye to Calloway’s gang)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.