McElwain turned Spurrier away twice

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  nopriors 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Gators93
    Participant

Nick Cole of SECCountry is reporting that on two separate occasions, SOS offered his assistance to McElwain and on both occasions McElwain turned him down. Don’t know what his offer was regarding. I’m assuming how to improve his offense. Seems now like he should have taken him up on his offer.

gator67
    Participant

It does seem to be a missed opportunity, but I can also understand why Mac passed on it. He may have thought that Spurrier’s approach was not in line with the kind of offense he was trying to build. In many cases, this would make sense — there is more than one way to have success. But given the woeful performance of the offense, I think that Mac should have at least been open to the possibility of learning something. Maybe some adjustments based on his advice could have made a difference.

Sly Sylvester
    Participant

Another leak from an anonymous source?

Gators93
    Participant

So far all those leaks from anonymous sources turned out to be true.

Sly Sylvester
      Participant

Exactly. It’s a sign Strickland doesn’t have control of people close to him. He has a snitch that may have a personal agenda in his inner circle.

alohakid
    Participant

SOS said, this did not happen.

nopriors
    Participant

I think this is really in poor taste to post. Mac’s gone and did some good things. I agree it was time to for him to go. Like Randy Shannon said “We have to look forward, we can’t look back”

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.