McElwain Press Conference – Aug. 28, 2017

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Graham Hall 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author

Graham Hall

Hey everyone, Robbie, Kevin and I are at Jim McElwain’s press conference today. It will start in 20 minutes, and there’s a reasonable expectation the Gators will name a starting QB. I’ll be posting a few interesting updates in this forum while McElwain speaks, and you can follow us on Twitter at @RobbieAndreu, @gatorhoops, @GrahamHall_

Graham Hall

McElwain is here, starts by extending sympathies and thoughts to those affected by Hurricane Harvey. Turns focus to saying much of the team’s preparation is internal, considering Michigan hasn’t released a roster and there isn’t much to go off of.

Graham Hall

No QB announcement from McElwain today. So we likely won’t know until 3:30 on Saturday.

Graham Hall

McElwain confirms Gators WR James Robinson won’t play vs. Michigan due to citation. So that’s 8 suspended Gators for Saturday

vulcan_alex
    Participant

Well at least management is trying to get some decent threads going here, but one about this topic is not that interesting. How about some insider information, or at least discussion. No person with knowledge and experience would expect QB to be named, we will find out when one takes a snap.

jdh5484
      Participant

Robinson. What are these kids thinking?

gatorgi70x7
    Participant

My prediction: Franks starts, but Zaire comes in on a ”3rd and short”, and busts it for a long run. As for Luke Del Rio, he deserves props for sticking around and competing. But I -personally- only want to see him on the field if all else has failed. As I will always have a bad taste in my mouth for Luke after the Ark. game, and him NOT taking himself out of the game. All the while, knowing he was doing more harm than good. But that’s just me, and that’s so 2016! Go Gators!

playzwtrux
    Participant

i agree with everything that gatorgi70x7 said about LDR, and I’ll add that he sux.

Even Robbie doesn’t believe he can throw a ball 80 yards 🙂

TheMexican
    Participant

Senor Del Rio has an excellent name.

Graham Hall

My prediction: Franks starts, but it’s close. LDR knows the offense extremely well and I’ve been told Franks is right there as well when it comes to the playbook. Franks’ advantage is higher mobility and the deep arm, but the truth is they’re confident with either one at QB

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.