Jake Allen

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mtn2top 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author

Fun-n-Gun9
    Participant

I know we only saw a small sample size of Zaire, but I think I might have more faith, trust, interest or whatever to give Jake Allen a shot if Franks goes down. I never saw him in high school, so I don’t know what type of talent he has, so maybe some of you who know about his football skills can chime in. Toney would probably be the next guy up, but who has the higher ceiling at QB- Allen or Toney?

rleaton2
    Participant

Obviously Zaire has a more experience while Allen has never been in a game. However Zaire is only here for this season and Allen is a freshman. Utilize Zaire if necessary and red shirt Allen looks like a solid plan

mtn2top
    Participant

I don’t see Jake Allen playing this season. That would be throwing a lamb to the wolves.

Zaire will be the next man up at the QB position. We would run a lot of Wildcat with Toney as well but Zaire gives us maturity, game experience and dual threat capabilities.

Fun-n-Gun9
    Participant

I understand the redshirt philosophy, but if we get Corral, I’m afraid Jake will be an afterthought just like Max Staver. I watched Staver play a little in high school and thought he might turn out as a positive for Florida. Unfortunately, we never got the chance to see what he could do. I wonder how much or a shot Jake Allen will receive next year if we do sign Corral? I’m just not a Zaire fan when it comes to him being the QB. Maybe Franks stays healthy, and this is exactly what it is, just me using this as a conversation starter. However, if we do have to choose between Zaire, I’d like to see what the kid has got. Maybe nothing, but at least we would know.

Sly Sylvester
    Participant

I like Jake. He’s very unassuming. He’ll eventually see the field at UF and I have no doubt he will shine. I think he’s got what it takes between the ears to read defenses.

vulcan_alex
      Participant

Hopefully every player gets however much of an opportunity that they earn. Nothing else is acceptable to me.

mtn2top
    Participant

QBs take a beating in the SEC. I’m sure all of them will have the opportunity to play at UF.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.