46.5 F
Gainesville, FL
Thursday, November 23, 2017

Interesting Link on WHO should Florida hire

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  NotQyteNeo 3 days, 6 hours ago.

• Author

DrG8r
    Participant

Threadkiller
    Participant

Thanks for the link. That guy who recommended Lane Kiffen is an idiot.

DrG8r
    Participant

I’ve never been a Lame Kitten fan! He’s a loose cannon and too much risk! Even the AD of UCF is concerned about where Frost may be next year: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-sp-ucf-smu-mike-bianchi-1104-story.html

NotQyteNeo
    Participant

Kelly can recruit Texas and Cali? … ok, but does he have any Florida ties? I think not.

Kiffin??? … Bwahahahahahahaha – what a buffoon!!!

We have to have someone who can recruit the state of Florida first, and coach offense second. Doesn’t matter how good a coach he is if he can’t recruit any better than McElTrainWreck. The greatest chef in the world can’t do squat with an empty cupboard.

Urb Jones
    Participant

A coach who can recruit and develop players would be a great start. Get away from the Saban mold (pro style) and get a coach who can scheme the spread and recruit the speed recruits that are already in FL.

NotQyteNeo
    Participant

See the video on this link. This is someone else who knows how vital it is to bring in a great recruiter. And he points out what I’ve been saying for the last 18-20 months – that McElwain has been a bad recruiter.

In terms of recruiting, these are the top candidates
    1. Charlie Strong
    2. Willie Taggert
    3(tie) Dan Mullen/Scott Frost

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/10/29/florida-gators-coaching-search-candidates

NotQyteNeo
    Participant

It’s looking like Spurrier is right – it’s not Kelly.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/11/chip_kelly-to-florida_rumors_s.html

My guestimate odds on the next coach:
    Mullen – 50%
    Frost – 20%
    Strong – 14%
    Taggert – 8%
    Fuente – 8%

Is it crazy to think they might get Meyer to come back?

NotQyteNeo
    Participant

Since it seems to me that Mullen is Stricklin’s HC front-runner, I watched the Miss. St. v Arkansas game of Saturday. Is it just me, or does his offense still look exactly like what he was doing at Florida 10 years ago? I have reservations about bringing him in because he is not innovating on a year-to-year basis. Sure, his offense is still effective. But it’s not nearly as innovative and difficult to defend as the ones Kelly and Frost run.

On the other hand, I did do some research on his recruiting at MSU. He has recruited quite well at a school that historically has not recruited well.

If Stricklin hires Mullen and Mullen either keeps Shannon as DC or brings in a great DC who can recruit, then I’d be on-board. BUt I still think he is the 3rd best choice behind Kelly and Frost.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.