If Coach Grantham Leaves…

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Gator-6 2 days, 7 hours ago.

• Author

Fun-n-Gun9
    Participant

could Marquand Manuel be a candidate to replace him as the DC?

StLGator
    Participant

Manuel’s 2-year record as an NFL DC with the Falcons is less than stellar and CDM doesn’t know him. He also has zero college recruiting and coaching experience.

That said, he’s a Gator who comes from the Dan Quinn DC tree, which is stellar. He’s also available.

Let’s see how the Coach Grantham situation plays out.

Go Gators!!!

SoCal Gator
    Participant

It may not be a popular choice, but I’d take Durkin if the position were to become available.

Gator-6
      Participant

Hey SoCal, I’d take Durkin too if it came to that!

CO Jones
      Participant

Interesting thought

SoCal Gator
    Participant

Thanks for backing me up 6

Gator-6
      Participant

Any time, bud…..I think he would be a great choice and probably take the job after all the horse dookey at Maryland. But I’m sure CDM has the right guy in mind, and like StL says, let’s see how this plays out. To tell you the truth, I’m more worried right now about Willie Taggart getting fired at FSU in the next couple of years and Charlie Strong taking that job.

JohnnyKrunch
    Participant

I would say MM would be 1st choice, due to Leonard Manuel being committed. The Jim Leavitt out at Oregon makes things even more interesting.

SoCal Gator
    Participant

I’d be happy for Charlie. They don’t deserve to have him as their coach though. Let’s hope that Willie does just enough to hang on

Gator-6
      Participant

I’m a big fan of Charlie Strong, he’s got more strength of character in his little finger than a lot of coaches do in their whole carcus. Gator88 opines tho that Grantham is turning the job down, and he actually lives up there.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.