Hello. Newbie here.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Gator-6 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

Gatorchomp99
    Blocked

I just signed up here. Gator fan from Port Orange. Favorite Gators: E.Smith and Tebow.

Gator-6
    Participant

Hey bud….I live in Salado, near Ft Hood and north of Austin. Welcome aboard pardner!

Gator-6
    Participant

Oh. I think he meant Port Orange, Florida.

Or China.

SparkyGator
    Participant

Welcome aboard. North FL Gator here. Danny will probably always be my favorite Gator. His field vision was second to none. That 2nd half comeback against UT in the Swamp is a great memory. But the fact that he beat those nasty noles for our first NC cemented his place in Gator lore!

Joe Shiver
    Participant

Welcome. I’m with Sparky on DW, and I’ll throw in Neal Anderson, too, because I think he’s underappreciated. UF offers Gator fans an unbelievable variety of elite programs to cheer for. I hope you won’t limit yourself to just football.

Gator-6
      Participant

You and Sparky could read that, Joe? The characters were all Chinese on my screen.

SparkyGator
    Participant

Are you trying to insinuate that us gun toting rednecks aren’t educated enough to translate that Chinese jibberish? Lol…I was only replying to the original “newbie” poster.
    MGGA

Joe Shiver
      Participant

Hey, Sparky, if 6 thinks I’m smart enough to read that stuff, even if it seems he’s in disbelief at the possibility, I’m just gonna take it as a compliment and let him wonder. If you can’t dazzle ’em with brilliance, baffle ’em with….well, you know.

SparkyGator
    Participant

Well I’ve been brushing up on my Russian since the last election 😎

Gator-6
      Participant

Good Sparky — you can translate for the rest of us when Hillary is in office after the next coup attempt! 😜

Tebow greatest UF athlete ever. E. Smith seemed to be hurt a lot, but when he got to the Cowboys, he was indestructible

SparkyGator
    Participant

Emmitt was only injured during his sophomore year. He rushed for over 1300 yards as a freshman, and nearly 1600 yards his Junior year. If he would have stayed for his sr season he likely would be the all time leading rusher at UF and in the NFL. I’ve always thought he was the 2nd best RB inwas fortunate to see play in person. The best just happened to have been a nasty bulldog.

Knew some guys on those early 80’s teams with bull-like strength, but H. Walker’s strength was from another planet.

Best UF bacfield combo ever: Sir John L. Williams, Neal Anderson and Lorenzo Hampton, 1984; the year they got ripped off an earned NC, because the Lunkheads by the Lake of Michigan couldn’t beat lame, very stupid BYU in the lame, very stupid Holiday Bowl.

Joe Shiver
        Participant

Hey, Ias, how about 1982, with the three you mentioned plus James Jones, all averaging 5+ yards per carry. All four were starters in the NFL.

Gator-6
    Participant

The late Larry Libatore. No, not by the record books, but no Gator past or present could ever match his heart or plain old pluck.

Yes, JJ played for Detroit, JLW for Pittsburgh and Seattle, NA for Chicago and LH for Miami. A lot of guys on that ‘84 team went to the NFL, Ricky Nattiel (Denver)Wilbur Marshal (Chicago) Tim Newton (Minnesota)…

SparkyGator
    Participant

I’m just a youngster I reckon, Larry was before my time. Hward great stories about him though.

Gator-6
      Participant

He was something else, Sparky. Little squirt, 5’8″ tops, at least in the game programs which were fudged I’m sure, and listed at 138 pounds soaking wet. But you never saw anything like him in your life.

Years later in some tough spots in some strange places, I used to think of him a lot — as in, “if that little shrimp could survive all that and still come out on top, I can surely handle this”.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.