Grade The Gators

This topic contains 25 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  mkfgator 10 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Arnold Feliciano
    Keymaster

This was one stinky start to the season for the Gators football team. How would you grade Florida’s performance against Michigan and why?

JM Soracchi

The defense’s two pick-6s were completely wasted. The offense gets an F-, the defense gets a C. That was an overall D- performance.

Black Dahlia
    Participant

F+

Gary
      Participant

Get used to it. No improvement in 5-6 years and maybe…just maybe…there is a change. Until then we are stuck with no socks/no offense.

JHCRANE-14
    Participant

D-

SoCalGator83
    Participant

Embarrassing performance. Out coached. No offensive line, no quarterback and zero offense.
    Sound familiar?

Gary
      Participant

Embarrassing on and off the field SoCalGator83. It is painfully evident Mac knows nothing about offense and will never show Nusss the door.

rleaton2
        Participant

I’m sorry but Coach Mac is looking more & more like the second coming of Will Muschamp…with the additional fault of being unable to recruit! This is not turning out well! Welcome to 3-stars U.

gator67
    Participant

The defense was pretty good after it settled into the game, but faded late. I would give it a B-. The offense was simply nonexistent. Is there a grade lower than an F?

The Michigan front 7 owned the Gators’ OL. That group needs to get better fast. Or perhaps they need some help with better offensive schemes and play calling. If the offense does not show significant signs of improvement this year, that’s a pretty good sign that Mac is not going to turn this thing around. I’m still waiting to see what happens the rest of the season, especially since the first game is often not a great indicator of a team’s potential. But things don’t look promising right now.

UFever
    Participant

Perty kewl. http://www.teethwhiteningkits.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/2436409.jpg

jdh5484
    Participant

Defense: D
    Michigan ran wide on our defense. They ran WIDE on a UF defense. They also ran inside and passed the ball. The 2 picks were gimmes by the QB. Coverage was terrible. Tackling was terrible. The d-line got manhandled. The QB had all day to throw.

Offense: F No offensive line. None of the rest matters.

Coaching: F – there doesn’t appear to be a game plan.

Special teams: C-.

BSJGator
      Participant

I was surprised they were able to run wide on us as often as they did. That’s a function of the DE’s not setting the edge and the LB’s inability to pursue. Ultimately that goes back to failure to develop the players, and an inability to evaluTe and recruit. Our D faded late and that’s related to conditioning. There’s no reason a team from up north should ever be able to outlast a southern team.

UFever
    Participant

Embarrassing. Again.

mtn2top
    Participant

They say the biggest improvement for a team is week 1 to 2. We sure need it. Having ten players back will also help. The loss was expected. We were 5 point dogs.

Offense was terrible. I’ll be generous with a D-. Some credit to Michigan. They may have the best defense we’ll face this season.

Can’t fault the defense when they were on the field so much. They played to a C grade overall. It’s never good when your defense is beaten over the top. No excuse for that.

Dose of reality today showing a lot of needed work, especially on offense.

Jabberdave
    Participant

Considering the level of my hangover, I’d say the grade is very bad.

I hope Michigan is a lights out contender. Otherwise, it’s going to be another long season with fingernails chewed to the second knuckle.

gator67
    Participant

Getting beaten over the top is certainly never good. But the defense only allowed Michigan to score two touchdowns in spite of being put in a bad situation several times. Some of the field goals were possible because of Florida turnovers. To my mind, this is a little above average.

The offense, on the other hand, scored more for Michigan than for its own team (7-3). This would have been true even if Pineiro had not missed his second field goal attempt. It’s hard to get much worse than that.

Alvin York
    Participant

All I know is I want THIS team and those quarterbacks to be the team we play in the Swamp.

Hitman88
    Participant

A big FAT F—. We do the same old thing on offense with ZERO adjustments against a BRAND NEW Michigan D. We have to be able to open things up unless Mac just doesn’t want to. 4-8 season upcoming at best unless changes are made.

Homer J
    Participant

Offensive Coaching – F
    Defensive coaching – C+

Head Coaching – F-

NVGator
    Participant

Can poor grade expel a coach?

rleaton2
    Participant

I’m sorry but Coach Mac is looking more & more like the second coming of Will Muschamp…with the additional fault of being unable to recruit! This is not turning out well!

WernerIsTentative
    Participant

F. Should have been an absolute blowout if the michigan QB hadn’t hung those two balls in the air. I stopped watching at halftime even though we were winning and just checked on the game sporadically because it was obvious that Michigan was better than us in every phase of the game. You could tell after the first two drives that we were doomed.

Disorganized offense. You have 8 months to prepare for a game and we have to call two timeouts in the first 6 minutes of the game. Offense constantly letting the playclock run down to under 5 seconds so that the defense can easily predict where the snap is going to happen. No creativity or answer for the blitz. We are a muschamp team with worse defense.

I was on the fence with Mac. Thinking he deserved at least 4 years after the mess Muschamp left him. But there should be improvement by year 3, not regression. I think we are going to have to get lucky to beat Kentucky this year.

Can not believe we are paying this guy 4 1/2 million a year.

gator67
      Participant

When your qb is starting his first college game, you have to expect some of the problems you mention. That said, I agree that there needs to be some obvious improvement in the offense this year or it will be pretty clear that Mac isn’t going to be the answer. I’m going to wait to see how the year unfolds rather than predict what will happen based on one game.

rleaton2
    Participant

Typical game at 3-Stars U

Black Mamba
    Participant

on a grading scale of A – F, I would give it a Z-

unwatchable…

mkfgator
    Participant

D for Defense
    F for Offense
    C for special team
    Defense sucked. The two picks camouflaged the fact we could not stop the run and gave up a huge pass to a wide open receiver. The offense –Franks may have been our best performer. Think about that for a second. Special teams: we missed a FG. We couldn’t return a kick past the 20. No punt returns. One blocked punt and one FG saved this from a worse grade. Overall, we are a team who does not know how to block. Not on special teams. Not on offense. Even our wide receivers were getting killed trying to block. Mich won bc it blocked better. They looked like Bama.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.