Game 10 Thread: UAB at Florida

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gator67 7 months ago.

• Author

Arnold Feliciano
    Keymaster

The Gators have lost five in a row, their longest losing streak since dropping seven straight to end the 2013 season. That also was the last time Florida lost to a non-Power Five program, a 26-20 setback to Georgia Southern in November in The Swamp.
    Your thoughts about today’s game?

CROCS
    Participant

UF will win, but not handily. The ground game will dominate the play calling on both sides, but UF pulls out a close one. Similar to 2013, whether they admit it not, they will play not-to-lose rather than play to win. This will lead to a close game rather than a blow out. I hope I am wrong. I would love to see a reverse or two, the Toney-cat single wing, maybe even a fake field goal or punt. And when was the last time we have blocked a punt…2013 also? Unfortunately without change we will see more of the same.

mtn2top
    Participant

Great effort and play today from the Gators. Saw some confidence again in their play. The team delivered with a decisive win against a decent UAB team. The outcome of the game was never in question.

So much youth and talent on this team. They’re growing up fast and getting a lot of game minutes. Next coach will get a dividend from a stocked cupboard of experienced players.

Franks is improving. The kid is tough, taking some some hard shots today from a mostly frustrated UAB defense. This would have been a 50+ point win if our receivers would have hauled in a couple of more passes they should have caught.

Defense played lights out today except for one pass over the top. It should have been a shut-out. More than enough defense to make it interesting against the school out west.

If the team improves as much this week as they have the past two, we have a good chance to get a critical win. Go Gators!

gator67
    Participant

This was a great effort. I’m impressed with how the players have continued to put their hearts into the game. Next week’s opponent will be a much tougher test, but the team seems to have the right attitude and effort. They should have a chance, but will have to play perhaps their best game of the season if they want to win.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.