Franks

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  SoCalGator83 11 months ago.

• Author

CROCS
    Participant

I know I know…he’s trying as hard as he can and he ain’t had any coaching.

Yea. That and he can’t play. The dude looks just like he did in his debut at his first orange and blue debut. 3 interceptions blah blah blah.

Glad we can all move on, get Trask ready to go, and start training up Corral under a new head coach. Oh – and watch some great basketball!

mtn2top
    Participant

You don’t get it Crocs. You can’t expect a freshmen to come out and lead a young and injury riddled team to that level. He’s not good enough, or experienced enough reading a defense to get rid of the ball in three seconds or less. His protection was not very good most of this season.

The running game, also limited by our line, was not there to take the load off our reliance on passing. Didn’t you see opposing teams blitz this season in every possible passing situation?

Franks is no wonderkind. To his credit he’s hung in there this season, taking a licking at times. With his hard-earned experience, it won’t be easy for anyone to beat him out of the starting position next year.

Al Bundy
    Participant

I honestly don’t know how anyone could be so down on Franks. NOBODY developed under this crappy staff. Heck, they don’t even look like they ever practiced.

CROCS
    Participant

Franks is just simply not the answer. You can see it in his eyes…just like opposing safeties do. 2 spring practices, 2 fall camps, an entire redshirt season, and 11 games this year. And….we get what we saw in his first spring game. 3 interceptions right off the bat. Your head is more valuable than your arm when you play QB. Franks is no freshman at this point in my eyes. He has not got “it” regardless of the Oline play or lack of coaching.

gator67
    Participant

It is easy to understand why many have simply given up on Franks. Maybe he does not have the ability to analyze defenses and look for secondary targets, but I would argue that we cannot know this since we do not know what difference a new coach might bring. Many thought that Brisset and Driskel were busts, too, but they seemed to do pretty well when working with different coaches. They’re both in the NFL now, which is a real indictment of their coaches at Florida. Franks has a different set of coaches, but they seem to be pretty much as ineffective as those who were part of the Muschamp era.

mtn2top
    Participant

Quarterbacks get all the glory when things are going well, and all the blame when they’re not. The Gator offense needed experience and leadership from the QB position and was left with only a redshirt freshman by season’s end.

SoCalGator83
    Participant

They also needed offensive linemen to make the offense work.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.