Florida-Tennessee to play at 3:30 p.m. Saturday in The Swamp

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Jabberdave 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

Kevin Brockway
    Participant

Vols-Gators on as scheduled Saturday

Stadium in good enough shape and enough emergency personnel will be on hand. Hopefully, gas situation will be better by Saturday. Wouldn’t expect a sellout but still important for Florida to host this game to boost the morale of the state. Thoughts?

persephone
    Participant

What is the gas situation in Gainesville? We have tickets and a hotel for the game. We are really concerned about driving down from Atlanta and taking up gas that might be needed for someone else.

Arnold Feliciano
    Keymaster

Persephone, Gas situation is expected to be in the clear in Gainesville before day of game. That was also taken into consideration before the decision was made.

jdh5484
    Participant

Sly Sylvester
    Participant

How much per gallon for gas there? We are no where near Harvey and Irma but the price per gallon jumped from about $2.00 to $2.50 since the storms. Oh by the way, we have a local refinery with an oil pipeline to it. Neither was shut down due to the storms. If that’s not gouging and price fixing, I don’t know what is.

Jabberdave
    Participant

$2.67/gallon on 13th while on my way to campus this morning. I’m sure it’s a bit more near I-75. We were down to about $2.28 before Harvey.

I’ve seen many gas stations with fuel, but only regular and diesel.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.