46.5 F
Gainesville, FL
Thursday, November 23, 2017

Butch Jones

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Narcoossee Gator Club 1 day, 12 hours ago.

• Author

Gators93
    Participant

Multiple sources are reporting that Butch Jones has been fired. I for one will miss him.

alohakid
    Participant

Sad news… NOT

mtn2top
    Participant

Gators will miss him in winning 4 of 5 against the Volunteers. The only surprise is why it took so long.

ProveMeWrong
    Participant

$8.2M buyout. Boosters had to ante up.

vulcan_alex
    Participant

I read today that he was very harsh on a TE for a mistake he made in a game, so harsh that the player almost got up and hit him. Player quit UT and went to Duke due to this type of issue. Take it for whatever it is worth.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/sports/columnists/university-of-tennessee/john-adams/2017/11/21/ut-vols-email-links-butch-jones-tight-end-daniel-helms-departure-tennessee/874363001/

Don’t know back story here so I might be off base (imagine that). I’ve always said the coach doesn’t throw interceptions, fumble, miss tackles, and drop passes, etc…so if you’re a coach riding an iron hot seat with you’re next loss possibly being you’re last, I can see where a couple of timely dropped balls contributing to that last loss would cause one to lets say, HOLLA at a player on the sideline. I realize one can ‘cross the line’ while ‘hollering’ at a player but I can only imagine what Butch might have said to make a player quit and transfer.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.