Breaking: Gators LB Ventrell Miller & WR James Robinson cited for misdemeanors

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  CCSDK 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Graham Hall

This story is developing, but UF freshmen Ventrell Miller and James Robinson were cited early Monday morning for misdemeanor marijuana possession. Neither player was arrested, and Robinson’s camp doesn’t appear to be in jeopardy. He practiced Wednesday, although we’ll see if that continues now that this citation has come to light. Miller was already suspended and away from the program, and it’s a near certainty this won’t help him get back in the team’s good graces.

Thoughts? Big deal or no big deal?

ProudPoppa
    Participant

Bad already thin at line backer

gator_tom
    Participant

Dumb – so close the the season.

TheMexican
    Participant

Nothing wrong with a bit of weed. I have connections to some drug cartels in northern Mexico if anyone is interested.

The Hamster
    Participant

Same thing, different day. They just can’t hop off the wheel apparently. I know that feeling all too well.

Al Bundy
    Participant

Things would be a whole lot simpler if Gainesville would just go ahead and legalize it.

Graham Hall

The only issue with that is even if it’s legalized in a city, it’s a banned substance by the NCAA. So even if Robinson and Miller couldn’t be cited for it by the police, it could still be a substance that gets players in trouble. And it will likely remain on the NCAA banned list as long as it’s a Level I drug at the federal level.

And McElwain and the Gators should be releasing a statement later today on Robinson’s and Miller’s status

g8tr76
    Participant

I changed tires for 3 years while attending UF. Often showing up to class looking like Pig Pen (of Peanuts fame), and rarely doing anything but work, attend classes and study. These guys are given a free ride and they can’t put down the pipe! It’s just amazing. So little respect for an education and only a hope and a prayer for a pro contract.

Swamp Donkey
    Participant

Graham, do you know any place to score some good ganja? I’m talking buds not Mexican ditchweed.

Graham Hall

Probably Colorado or Oregon

TheMexican
    Participant

Amigos, I got your hookup.

Swamp Donkey
    Participant

I dont want your dried out funky skunkweed. Looking fornthe good stuff here.

UFever
    Participant

Da more dey miss, da meaner dey get.

Pied Piper
    Participant

How long does THC stay in your pee?

Asking for a friend.

The Hamster
    Participant

Me, after weed…

CCSDK
    Participant

It’s recently been proven that weed shunts neural cell development and affects you more as you get older.

And this too !!!!
    https://www.sciencealert.com/news/20140606-25631.html

Bummer man …..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.