Best point guard in UF history

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mtn2top 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Kevin Brockway
    Participant

Here’s a statistical measure breaking down the best point guards in UF history. Thoughts.

Getting to the point

Dr. Pepper21
    Participant

The best point guard in UF history is clearly Taurean Green. The nearest second is either Scottie Wilbekin or Chris Chiozza… But those championship banners speak to their point guard for themselves, as far as I’m concerned.

gator67
    Participant

I loved Taurean Green and the contributions that he made to those championship teams, but he had such a strong team surrounding him that I would not assume that the banners mean that he was the best point guard. I think that it is easy to make a pretty good case for Wilbekin, who was truly clutch in high-pressure situations. Chiozza has been pretty impressive in a few pressure situations, as well. All three are excellent candidates for the best in UF’s history. We need more data about other phases of their game to make this kind of judgment, however.

danhendley
    Participant

So many choices — Andrew Moten, Dan Cross were terrific in their day. Taurean was excellent as was Scottie – but the best I ever saw was Nick Calathes. he didn’t have the talent around him some of the others had, but he was a special passer who could score as well. Of course, I am discounting J-Will who only played one year.

TheMexican
    Participant

Amigo…..nice original material.

Best/Worst UF PGs

mtn2top
    Participant

Taureen Green was critical to the success of the 04s, the greatest team in UF history.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.