46.5 F
Gainesville, FL
Saturday, November 18, 2017

Beating Georgia

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Narcoossee Gator Club 3 weeks ago.

• Author

mtn2top
    Participant

Still a week away, but I’m looking forward to playing Georgia. My hope is that we get some guys back, healthy and ready to make it a game.

UF looks vulnerable and Georgia invincible based on the games played before this one. None of that really matters when these teams meet. Here’s how I see it playing out for Florida to get the win.

Our defense must limit Chubb, Michel and the Georgia running game. I say limit because that dog is going to eat. We can’t allow cheap scores and too many big gainers. It’s balancing pass coverage and run support that will challenge the defense. The kids in back are going to have to grow up for this one and play more man coverage. That allow the defense to drop another defender in the box for run support.

Our special teams will have to be “special” and account for ten or more points.

All the offense has to be is average. We need to run clock and get some key first downs. A couple of touchdowns could be enough with no turnovers and six or more first downs. I predict the Wildcat formation with Toney or Zaire is going to be a much bigger part of this game plan.

Take heart Gators. There are paths to victory over the Bulldogs.

gatorgi70x7
    Participant

If Florida beats U.G.A. (can’t spell ”ugly” without U.G.) it will be because, like 50 years ago in ’67, like in the 90’s, and like the last 2 years in J’ville: it will be because U.F. simply ”WANTS IT MORE THAN Georgia!”
    Sometimes in sports, it really doesn’t matter about X’s and O’s and records in games like these (arch-rivals), IT JUST TAKES WANT-TO and HEART! It’s a mindset that says, ”I am NOT GOING TO LOSE TODAY, PERIOD!”‘(see: Coach Spurrier, Michael Jordan, etc…) And if U.F. beats U.G.A. that will be why! And when you only run a ”high school style” -run around the end- with the Coach Mac &’Nuss ”Wildcat”, what’s the point? The passing game is a must to loosen up the Georgia ‘D’, especially when Florida has Perine, Thompson, and of course, Davis (who could be unavailable with an injury) to run the ball PROPERLY.
    But anyway, ”GO GATORS!” Love your hopeful outlook, none the less!

ag8tor
    Participant

Nobody gave Syracuse nor Iowa state a chance either. UGA is a good team but what will be their mental state going to Jax? Either they think all we have to do is show up or how can we lose to them this year. There have been many times in the last 5-6 years that they were by far the better team on paper. It will depend on the play calling and the defensive play to stop those RBs. We beat them with Harris at QB. Even Muschump beat them. Remember that they have a true freshman QB as well who has started some games but has never played in Jax. He like Franks and Del Rio has had good games when the running game was working. This should be an interesting game. If we let them jump on us at the beginning it will get ugly early. We may lose but in this game you never know.

alohakid
    Participant

The media, UF fans for the most part, knew A&M would win in a rout… no rout but they won… mortgage the house, leg-humpers will win big… I hate jawja!

mtn2top
    Participant

It’s all in the match ups. Our staff has done well in finding places to exploit. When you look where this Gator team is right now in development, you are not going to fix everything in the off-week. We have to work from who and what we have.

Georgia has the clear QB and running back edge. The best way to dull that capability is to keep their offense off the field. It would be boring to watch, but a run-based, clock draining offense could be very effective. With both teams run-based the clock will move quickly.

Any scenario that results in a FG kick or two to win the game would work for us.

mtn2top
    Participant

For this Gator, there’s no team more important to beat than Georgia.

I hope they are back with a good team because it makes the SEC East stronger. Tennessee, Missouri and other East teams are not contributing much to uphold the SEC’s tough reputation.

The Fields-Corral chapter of this rivalry is going to be simply amazing. Look out, the SEC East is on the comeback path. This game is destined for more greatness and Gator glory in coming years.

Victory this year as the underdog would be especially sweet.

ag8tor
    Participant

Living here in middle GA I can truly say, You can never beat Georgia enough times or by enough points. They will be obnoxious no matter what the outcome is. This year would be extra sweet since the are woofing all over the place already. You’d think a team that has beaten us 3-4 time in the last 25 years would be smarter. uga fans…you can’t fix stupid!

vulcan_alex
    Participant

Probably close to impossible, but the impossible has happened in the past.

ufgator2002
    Participant

We Win

Black Dahlia
    Participant

Why can’t they just be “UG”? I would be quite annoyed if people called us “UFL”.

mtn2top
    Participant

It was interesting to see the article that confirmed that Georgia is preparing to see more Wildcat from UF and a QB change with Zaire. Franks will start but will be pulled if needed.

mtn2top
      Participant

Wouldn’t that be UFG?

stephenPE
    Participant

*%$(*@&@%^ jawja…………We cannot beat them enough or by enough pts,
    We beat them this Sat. and the dwags KNOW they are completely and totally owned by UF.
    This is not a normal game in way. Too many times it turned and was an “upset”.
    Both ways, they are supposed to beat and badly Saturday………….sadly they have to come into our house and actually do it………cmon on down dwags…… Lewis GRizzard is stil spinning in his grave over the last 27 years…………

Gators93
    Participant

I would LOVE to beat Georgia. They’ve been running their mouths a lot this week and I’m old enough to remember when they use to whoop is almost every year in our biggest rivalry game costing us the SEC title, BUT…if we lost this year, it wouldn’t be devastating in my opinion. They are up and we are down. It happens once in a while. I’d love to play spoiler to them, but if we don’t that’s alright. Good luck in Atlanta. FSU and Muschampolina are a different story. Those are two games that we can and should be competitive in and will go a long way in determining the direction our program is heading.

Aim low boys, they’re ridin’ Shetland ponies!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.