Five things to know for Saturday, July 26, 2014
Published: Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Friday, July 25, 2014 at 4:34 p.m.
1. Pitch in and help the Northwood YMCA impove its grounds and facilities with projects ranging from floral arrangements and landscaping to playground clean-up and more from 9 a.m. to noon, Northwood YMCA, 5201 NW 34th Blvd. Also, the joiners fee for new members is waived today.
2. The Elks Lodge Summer Splash Family Fun Day, a fundraiser for the Center for Autism and Related Disabilities, offers such activities as water slides, a bounce house, facepainting, dunking booth, soccer shoot and other family activities from 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Gainesville Elks Lodge, 2424 NW 23rd Blvd. Free. (222-3505)
3. Pathways Arts hosts its first Indie Art Show with works by local Indie artists and activities including Pick-a-Brick fundraiser and a silent auction, 6-10 p.m., Pathways Arts, 2020 NW Sixth St. Free. (219-6106, pathwaysarts.com/IndieArtShow)
4. The Fifth Annual Community Fun Bowl Fundraiser, hosted by the Hawthorne Area Chamber of Commerce at Funworks, features bowling for all ages starting at 10 a.m. with check-in at 9:15 a.m., 1307 NW 76th Blvd. The $25 cost includes shoes, a house ball, event T-shirt, goodie bag and one door-prize ticket. Proceeds benefit the chamber’s Scholarship Program. For more information, see www.hawthorneflorida.org
5. Tonight’s Saturday Night Dance in Melrose features the Hotrod Lincoln Band performing ’50s and ’60s rock ’n’ roll in a fundraising dance, 7-11 p.m., at the Melrose Art & Culture Center, 301 State Road 26, Melrose. Admission is a $5 donation. The event is sponsored by the Mossman Home Preservation Foundation. (475-1273)
Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.