Five things you need to know for Dec. 28, 2013
Published: Saturday, December 28, 2013 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:55 p.m.
1. At this morning's Good Form Running Clinic, certified staff will work on gait to help participants run longer, faster and more comfortably, 9 a.m. at Lloyd Clarke Sports, 1504 NW 13th St. Free.
2. The Gator women's basketball team hosts Georgetown, 2 p.m., O'Connell Center, tickets $4, 17 and under $2, UF students free. The game is being televised by SunSports.
3. Discover an authentic working farm, follow staff in period clothing as they discuss the 18 restored buildings, farm animals, gardens and local history, opens 10 a.m. today, Dudley Farm Historic State Park, 18730 W. Newberry Road. Admission: $5 per vehicle.
4. At this weekend's Artfest, you'll see handmade arts and crafts including pottery, watercolor and oil paintings, photography, jewelry and custom made pieces, local artist and artisans will gather together to exhibit, demonstrate and sell their original works, with live music, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. today and Sunday, Waldo Farmers and Flea Market, 17805 U.S. 301, Waldo. Free. (468-2255)
5. The Alachua County Farmers' Market is open today from 8:30 a.m. to noon, and features local fruits, vegetables, plants and much more. The market is located near the Florida Highway Patrol Station near the intersection of U.S. 441 and State Road 121.