Five things you need to know today
Published: Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 5:47 p.m.
Last Modified: Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 5:47 p.m.
1. City commissioners, as members of the Community Redevelopment Agency board, are expected to vote today on tax incentives requested by the developer of the proposed University Corners development, the large multi-use center envisioned for the corner of West University Avenue and 13th Street. The vote will come during a 3 p.m. meeting at City Hall Auditorium, 200 E. University Ave. The meeting will be televised on Cox Channel 12.
2. The Gator men’s basketball team hosts Southern University, 7 p.m., O’Connell Center, tickets $5-$25, Rowdiest Reptile of the game will win a prize and be entered to win a trip to the SEC men’s basketball tournament.
3. Members of the University of Florida organ studio perform on the 99-rank Andrew Anderson Memorial Pipe Organ housed in the University Auditorium, 7:30-8:30 p.m., University Auditorium, UF campus. Free.
4. Learn about the history of Gainesville from 1903 to 1953 … about when UF moved to Gainesville, how World War I affected Gainesville's growth, the boom times in the 1920s, the Depression, and the impact of World War II. Session is at Santa Fe’s downtown campus, 6-8 p.m., 401 NW Sixth St. (395-5548)
5. One of the season’s best NFL matchups comes on Monday Night Football tonight, Carolina vs. New England. ESPN