SEC Power rankings Week 9
Published: Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 8:00 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 6:38 p.m.
1. Alabama: Tide keep taking care of business, but there are some real tests remaining.
2. Missouri: Yeah, we all had Mizzou in this spot at this point of the season. Sure we did.
3. Auburn: Gus Malzahn is working wonders with a team that is not bursting with talent.
4. South Carolina: The Gamecocks can get right back in the race with a win this week.
5. LSU: The Tigers are who we thought they were at the beginning of the season.
6. Texas A&M: Someone let us know when the Aggies’ defense is going to decide to show up for a game.
7. Georgia: Remember when people were talking about the Doggies playing for a national title?
8. Florida: Bad luck with injuries plus a bad offense results in a bad season.
9. Ole Miss: The win over LSU was big, but it caught the Tigers in a bit of a trap game.
10. Tennessee: Talk about a team getting better as the season goes on, the Vols are the poster players.
11. Vanderbilt: Give the Commodores credit for probably saving their season last week.
12. Mississippi State: The Bulldogs could use the type of win so many teams received last week.
13. Arkansas: Bret Bielema didn’t exactly inherit the 1995 Nebraska team, but the Hogs are really bad.
14. Kentucky: Let’s not even go to the basketball season starting soon jokes, OK?
Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.